ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coilovers fitted! Mine and Anthony's drive out.

Civic Type S GT
Well got my K-Tec Coilovers fitted yesterday by the guys at Pro-Tec Racing and i've got to say definatly a great purchase, I bloody luv them!!:D

So gave the car a clean, it then rained and the car went dirty again.:mad: (Needs JD's magic touch!)

So meet Anthony (Hollandcup) and we went for a little drive and some pics before finding a big stretch of road with a good size overpass so we had a good listen to our exhausts on drive bys. Made me luv the Yozza even more! (Decat next maybe) ;)

Comments more than welcome guys and gals, hope you like!

DSC00707.jpg

DSC00732.jpg

DSC00708.jpg

DSC00721.jpg

DSC00725.jpg

DSC00722.jpg

DSC00731.jpg

DSC00730.jpg

DSC00734.jpg

DSC00728.jpg

DSC00720.jpg

DSC00726.jpg

DSC00711.jpg

DSC00712.jpg

DSC00710.jpg

DSC00713.jpg

DSC00715.jpg

DSC00739.jpg

535d / t5 caravelle
can i ask what you paid to get them fitted off pro-tec? i steer well clear of these boys now after numerous fcuk ups by them on my car and mates, would like to know what they charged though, as i'm planning on getting some coilovers on my passat wagon, and a vw technicians charging me £80 notes to fit.

ps. cars look spot on :cool:

Civic Type S GT
can i ask what you paid to get them fitted off pro-tec? i steer well clear of these boys now after numerous fcuk ups by them on my car and mates, would like to know what they charged though, as i'm planning on getting some coilovers on my passat wagon, and a vw technicians charging me £80 notes to fit.

ps. cars look spot on :cool:

Where abouts are you from bud? Pro tec charged inc.Vat and tracking £199, NWP do it at £100 minus the tracking.
Pro tec are only 15min away from so was easier.

Civic Type S GT
nice one mate

do you think the coilovers are worth the ££ over sportlines?

The sport lines were fantastic, loved them, never a problem with them. The coilies I havnt really tested out yet but I'm happy because I've wanted them for bloody ages, lol!

MKV GTI
Thank you! :eek:
I sprayed it all myself.

You will be busy in the coming weeks pal you need to spray my dash strips and front diamond as im dangerous with a rattle can, all for a few beers of course! ;)

Suprised the eagle eyed of you havnt spotted the "Retarders parts and service" in the last pic, only you callum would spot that lol!

Civic Type S GT
You will be busy in the coming weeks pal you need to spray my dash strips and front diamond as im dangerous with a rattle can, all for a few beers of course! ;)

Suprised the eagle eyed of you havnt spotted the "Retarders parts and service" in the last pic, only you callum would spot that lol!

The only place to go for retards! Lol!
It's not my proper pick of it, you got a good one didn't you?

Yep spraying sounds bob on to me buddy!! :approve:

MKV GTI
I dont think £199 inc vat is too bad for coilover fitment full four wheel laser alignment and camber set up correct me if im wrong callum!

You gotta remember thats full coilover set up ready to drive away not just fitting maybe if you fitted the coilovers youself and then had then properly set up it would be a fair bit cheaper but without the correct tools spring compressors, windy guns etc its a pain in the arse.

Id rather pay a bit more and have them properly set up for the road than just roughly banging them on and shreding tyres and generally ruining the handling for the sake of a few quid extra its well worth it, some may disagree just my opinion.

MKV GTI
Fair enough mate if you can get it at that price im not knocking it!

was that properly set up or just fitted if you dont mind me asking cos that is cheap!

535d / t5 caravelle
Where abouts are you from bud? Pro tec charged inc.Vat and tracking £199, NWP do it at £100 minus the tracking.
Pro tec are only 15min away from so was easier.

Blackburn mate, had bad experiences with the boys at pro-tec, along with many mates lol, i stay well clear now tbh.

Civic Type S GT
Looks great that mate. Superb.

Thank you bud! Looks abit better now it's settled down. Every now and then I get some scrubbing on some corners. (and when I say corners I don't mean hero driving! Lol!)

Civic Type S GT
Yeah they have, very slightly. They were like that when I bought it. I'm not usually I big fan of window tints bit I thought these were just right.

Looking for 182
Yeah they have, very slightly. They were like that when I bought it. I'm not usually I big fan of window tints bit I thought these were just right.

Yeah they look great. Mine are really dark and I'm not keen to be honest. I am worried about trying to remove them though.