ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

COD: Ghosts

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I haven't enjoyed COD since MW2, still play it at times. Definitely won't be buying this, sounds s**t.

Last edited:
  Focus ST-3
But that's not my point. My point is that it has changed and changed for the worse. Luckily Asda kindly refunded me!

Whats changed for the worse? And Asda refunded you because you didn't like the game?

Graphics - worse
Maps - worse
Kill steaks - worse
Dogs - terrible
Spawning - worse

Across the review boards I believe it has the lowest COD score to date.

Anyway, that's just my opinions and some people still love it, but a lot of die hard COD fans do not, and that speaks volumes.

I've been potching with the single player. Explosions, noise, a lose idea of a story but it does the job. I don't know how far I'm through (oil platform just went sky high - but nobody ruin it for me) but I must admit I'm enjoying it and I thought the stealthy jungle level was quite pretty. It's following a formula I'm used to but I can't help but feel the game doesn't really need my input and could play itself without me.

It's kept me amused but I've not bothered with COD multiplayer since MW:2 and nor will I bother with this one. I just don't have the patience to wade through the sea of kids telling me my mum is a *****. Online games used to have respect.

Focus ST-3
I just don't have the patience to wade through the sea of kids telling me my mum is a *****. Online games used to have respect.

Pause, mute all. Done.

i tried extinction last night and I'm loving that. Something new and a bit different that works well.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I'm finding that all too much with games these days, feels more like a film than playing a game.

I'm finding that all too much with games these days, feels more like a film than playing a game.

This. I'm playing it on hard, (cos I'm hardcore) I walked into a room, shot one dude and the AI killed the other 20. Off to the next room I trotted.
Oh well. It's kept me amused with all the noise and lights and I'm quite looking forward to cracking on with it when I get in tonight even though I'm probably 30 minutes from the end.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I bought this for the MP, as I do every year. I won't be doing it again. Great, there's bigger maps - you can't actually effectively snipe on them though.

Graphics are shite.

Guard dog is irritating as hell!

Overall, not good!

Mito Sportiva 135
On IGN they had a good PS4 vs One comparison...they readily admitted the PS4 looks slicker. As someone who was adamant I was going to buy a One I'm a bit upset there's a fairly significant gap in performance between the 2 - especially when it means I will be paying more for my console to have Kinect 2.0 which I don't even want.

Revels Mum & Sister
Don't buy it and get a PS4 then... The gap will close it will be horses for courses. I do not know why people are getting such a massive lob on over this. It happens time and time again with new platforms/hardware. Yet people do not learn.

White APE
I had forgotten about this until the wench handed me a copy when I got home from work last week.

Still feels like cod but with some nice changes. Liking the top right of the HUD.
Not sure why people are complaining about the maps being bigger, everyone always moaned that COD maps were too small.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I'm meant to have it arriving tomorrow with my PS4. Will posts my initial thoughts after a go on it.

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Just ordered this because it's currently £22 on Asda Direct! Usually love the COD series and have played them all since COD4 but decided not to get Ghosts until now. Hopefully it's worth the £22. :)

BG 182 FF
I've been moaning about all the recent COD's since MW2 and i think this one is brill.

Does have the normal annoyances which is to be expected to begin with.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I used to play COD loads. I stopped playing when MW3 came out and was laughable.

Ive had my first play on an Xbox one and ghosts this morning and it's pretty much exactly the same, if not worse. The online multi player has a ridiculous amount of lag to the point where it's unplayable. I can't believe they STILL haven't fixed this game.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I started the campaign on this on Sunday night. Think I'm more than half way through it now.

Really enjoying it tbh. MP is pants compared to BF4 though.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Turns out I had 2 levels left to finish the SP. Enjoyed the story tbh.

Will be trading this in on Saturday me thinks.

Back playing this for a laugh. Not had any lag at all, which makes a change for MW games.

Still not sure about it, its a bit BLOPS2 for me!

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I love how people moan until they are blue in the face and then STILL play it.

BG 182 FF
Am i the only one who likes this? Really enjoying multiplayer. Had no lag, or spawning issues.

I agree the single player doesn't have much depth though, found it very boring.

However, I have just started playing Killzone. The single player is extremely good. On hard its ... well hard! lol. Its completely different to COD and you have massive areas and objectives rather than following a person shooting anything that moves.

Clio Rs 200T
Anyone who wants to have a sesh some time add me please, would be nice to speak to some people on the forum and learn a bit more..... PSN Reflex_x_Pure

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone else think its insanely hard online?! (Xbox 360). With previous experience with COD online im used to the odd game were some people are stupidly good but this one is mental! Every game I've been in I've done s**t! ...maybe its just me ...maybe I am s**t! Lol

Bumder With A Buffer
PC version is riddled with hackorz and generally laggy as hell online. Haven't played singleplayer yet.

I only bought it as it was cheap on steam (£25) but not sure if I like it yet. Bf4 I bought as well and that is pretty good in comparison.

Hoping someone can help me - I have ghosts on Xbox 360 but unfortunately my nephew knocked my xbox and now the play disc is unreadable due to a burn/scratch. Due to this being the first time I had played it, it's not installed on my hard drive.

Can I install someone else's play disc onto my hard drive then use my disc whenever I want to play?

Clio Rs 200T
Hoping someone can help me - I have ghosts on Xbox 360 but unfortunately my nephew knocked my xbox and now the play disc is unreadable due to a burn/scratch. Due to this being the first time I had played it, it's not installed on my hard drive.

Can I install someone else's play disc onto my hard drive then use my disc whenever I want to play?
Shouldn't be able to mate, if the disc has a laser scratch ( which sounds like it has) it is unreadable even if you installed someone else's copy they take the disc back home your one wouldn't work.... The easiest thing to do is go to game get it repaired for a £1

My disc loads to all menu's but then as soon as I try and actually play it crashes, but if I install someone else's copy then use mine to play, doesn't the xbox then play from the hard drive providing there's a copy of the game in the drive? I just wasn't sure if it had to be the same disc as was installed or not?

I took it down to my local Game and they said its doubtful the burn will come out. Will still give it a try but not holding much hope on that avenue.

Clio Rs 200T
My disc loads to all menu's but then as soon as I try and actually play it crashes, but if I install someone else's copy then use mine to play, doesn't the xbox then play from the hard drive providing there's a copy of the game in the drive? I just wasn't sure if it had to be the same disc as was installed or not?

I took it down to my local Game and they said its doubtful the burn will come out. Will still give it a try but not holding much hope on that avenue.

Worth a try mate personally I don't think it will work, but then I don't no hardly anything about Xbox (playstation fan boy) if it don't work nip down to game and give it a try.

Bumder With A Buffer
I've given up on this already on PC. Every game I have been in has hackorz.

Plus singleplayer lags and is totally unstable on my high end machine .

Turning stuff down like graphics doesn't even help. BF4 is solid and stresses my machine more rather then just breaking it.

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F
I got this for Christmas (360) and like it, no lag issues and less spawning issues than older COD games. Overall happy so far, especially with the (seemingly) reduced wait time between maps.

White APE
The gf seems to like playing this a lot. Tend to do split screen gun game.

Think they were having a bit of fun yesterday
3ytysy7u.jpg

COD has very much lost its way. I want them to go back to their roots of the ww2 era they started with.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Going to trade this game in today, here's my thoughts on the game itself:

It's the worst game I have ever played.