ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cobra X-Low Sliding Subframes Question...

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
Yesterday I started on the stripping of my Ph1 and fitting of buckets. I have Cobra Imola Pros, Cobra Side Mounts and Cobra X-Low Subframes with sliding mechanism (supplied by Demon Tweeks).

First thing I noticed is that, although the subframes bolt into the floor fine, the sliding runners are too narrow to bolt the sidemounts and seats too. The subframes do also have holes for what looks like a fixed mounting position and that's fine, but I wanted to use the sliders.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Pictures can be provided if needed.

RB 182
Pics of subframe? Cobra have been known to c**k things up mate, they sent me the narrow runners and said i needed adaption bars, they ended up sending me the correct runners and a whole new set of subframes :) Tell tweeks that you have the wrong frame and they might get cobra to send direct to you.

RB 182
My seats were the evolution ones, so the same runners that you should have. I think the one you have will be for the cheaper bottom mounted seats. Will get some pics off photobucket when im back home.

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
Thanks guys, sounds like there might be c**k up then with the order, I did tell them the car and seats I have though :(

Pics coming asap...

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
photo.jpg

As you can hopefully see from the above image, subframe fits fine, but the runners are very narrow. The fixed holes just to the outside of the runners are ok for the sidemounts though I beleive, but kind of defeats the point of having runners!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
They are really narrow, look like they are made for seats which mount from underneath rather than with sidemounts.

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
It certainly seems that way, thanks. Funny how I was sent side mounts and these frames in the same box though :)

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
By the looks of things, they are either the sliders for base mounts seats, or you need an adapter so that they can be used with side mounted seats like yours. Or, and hopefully, they have sent you the incorrect sliders...

I'd have a chat with tweaks tbh, normally fairl knowledgeable :)

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
Thanks Dave, will ring Tweeks tomorrow when they are open. It's almost like the slider runners need to be moved to the outer holes, but then then pull handle is too narrow. I'm sure they will sort me out, just annoying as I wanted the seats in this weekend.

RB 182
Subframe will take both runners, they just pre-drill for both types. Pic below of the incorrect ones Cobra sent me, same as you... they will never learn!

CIMG28931.gif

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
Thanks for that, definitely the same as what I've been sent. Like I said, Cobra had packed side mounts in the same box, you would think they might be able to work it out!

What's most annoying is that the subframes took 10 days to arrive anyway, so hopefully they wont take the same time again!

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
Little update on this...

I can't praise Demon Tweeks highly enough for their customer service. Multiple emails and calls today updating me on their talks with Cobra. The end result, I had the option of them sending out completely new subframes, or a quicker option of them sending out the wider handles today for delivery tomorrow. I went for the latter option as it looks like a simple job to just bolt the runners onto the wider mounts. Result.

Last edited: