ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clutch went on my 05 plate 182 last night

The clutch went on my 182 cup last night, only got it in march brand new, done 10000 in it, where do i stand with renault????

Ziel Nurburgring

Should replace it, but might require a little arguing. At the end of the day it supposed to be a renaultsport and be built for a hammering. Go see what the dealer says

Someone else had this recently and after a bit of shouting got it done FOC

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

yeah but clutch should not go at 10000 miles in all honesty should it? i reckon renault will try nd get out of sorting it for free but be hard and you should get it done.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

If its an 05 you should get warranty for nigh on anything.After its a year old things start to come off of warranty lists.

Tell them you pulled of the drive and it went pop otherwise be ready for a £400 bill

ian

I just called them, said they cant look at it till 2morow, said i pulled away and the clutch just went, just been on the phone 2 renault and they r sorting a car out with the garage 4 me

garage just called me back, said they have to ask me if i want the gearbox taking off, because if its my fault i have to pay, i said u can take it off, but im not paying, there still sorting the car out though,

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

At 10,000 miles I would be screaming down the phone to them.. Im on almost 40,000 miles and its still not gone..

Id say it was a seal or something which has gone not the clucth. If it is the cutch then its smashed itelf up in which case its build quality.
Id say it was 100% a claim on Renault build you souldt ha to pay a penny.
The cltches arnt amazing but thy shouldnt fail that ick they can fail in 50~80k depending how you drive it but 10k will be a quality issue unless youve been 1/4 milling it all th time.

dk

911 GTS Cab

i had mine replaced recently but it was faulty from the start.

They told me it was 8 hours just to take the clutch out as they have to remove the gearbox but in the end they managed to change the clutch in a morning and i had the ccar back in the afternoon the same day.