ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clutch question

Clio MK 4
When i lift my clutch up i can here a kind of click or two. Kinda like creaking. It really only happens when i have put my foot right down on the clutch and lift it up. The feel of the clutch feels the same and the gear changing is the same. Wondered what it could be? Could it just need greasing or something?

Also not sure if related but had a woman go into me whilst parked and it's been doing it since. Could it be coincidence? My car is going in to get damages repaired through her insurance. Should i mention it to the garage and see if they'l fix it through the insurance as it could be related?

Renault Clio 182
I've noticed the same with my clutch pedal. Doesn't feel smooth, kind of feels like it needs greasing...

Clio Sport 172
Mine's exactly the same, especialy when warm, it's hard to let the clutch out smoothly. I've thought about greasing or oiling the cable, but I have a feeling the problem doesn't lie there, that it's in the clutch itself.

PH1 172 Sport
it could be the auto adjust ratchet clicking on the pedal assembly. Might be worth oiling it.

Civic Type S GT
I asked this question a while ago but no help. Mines still doing it, as you lift the pedal up its clicks and sort of feels like its sticky if you get my drift.
When I lightly tap the clutch it feels a wee bit flimsy and clicks.