ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clutch price?

clio 1.2 2001 STD
i have a 1.2 2001 clio dynamic and was just wondering what the average price is for a new clutch fitted?

clio sport 172, mk1
It shouldn't be anywhere near that much. I had my last 172 and my current one done, both were supplied and fitted with 12 month warrenty for around £180 in vat. May slightly differ from area to area but not a great deal. Go to a good indy and not the stealers

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
It actually cost me two macdonalds!!! P.s - You'll hate me, I have a clunk coming from that side we changed the shaft on. I want to kill it with fire.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
It actually cost me two macdonalds!!! P.s - You'll hate me, I have a clunk coming from that side we changed the shaft on. I want to kill it with fire.

are you going to listen to me about used shafts being a waste of time yet? ;)

Megane r26
It shouldn't be anywhere near that much. I had my last 172 and my current one done, both were supplied and fitted with 12 month warrenty for around £180 in vat. May slightly differ from area to area but not a great deal. Go to a good indy and not the stealers
bloody there cutting themselve short. i'd be questioning there quality tbh

clio sport 172, mk1
bloody there cutting themselve short. i'd be questioning there quality tbh

Not at all. Iv used these guys for years, done both my 172's and also my Scooby less than a year ago. Good fitters, good set up and only charge £35 per hour labour. Just because their cheap doesn't mean there quality of work is questionable. The fact that 90% of their business is from repeat customers speaks volumes. I know atleast 3 guys from the Ford RS lot who use them and also a couple of guys from the VAG scene. On the Clio's they used Exedy clutches aswell (Any of you in the know will know these are top quality clutches for cars running under 200 -250BHP)

Lowalbicardiff -

The garage is called Ultimate MOT based on Ipswich Rd, just off Colchester Ave. Ask for Graham or Dean, really friendly guys, done a few engine rebuilds for the VAG lads aswell

clio 1.2 2001 STD
i took it too a local garage earlier and they quoted £190 all in. but on the down side the fully booked until monday :(

Clio 1.2
Not at all. Iv used these guys for years, done both my 172's and also my Scooby less than a year ago. Good fitters, good set up and only charge £35 per hour labour. Just because their cheap doesn't mean there quality of work is questionable. The fact that 90% of their business is from repeat customers speaks volumes. I know atleast 3 guys from the Ford RS lot who use them and also a couple of guys from the VAG scene. On the Clio's they used Exedy clutches aswell (Any of you in the know will know these are top quality clutches for cars running under 200 -250BHP)

Lowalbicardiff -

The garage is called Ultimate MOT based on Ipswich Rd, just off Colchester Ave. Ask for Graham or Dean, really friendly guys, done a few engine rebuilds for the VAG lads aswell

I know this is an old post but is the garage still open? I live in cardiff and my clutch is slipping so looking to replace it asap!