ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clutch pedal mechanism

Clio mk1 rally :P
hey guys.

really need help this time.

i stoped at the lights the other day and i heard a crunch as i put my foot on the clutch pedal. i thoughtit was the clutch cable snapping (this has happened before)

i managed to push car onto the sire of the road and have a look. the cable was fine though a little worn so i replaced it. but there is still no tension in the cable so the pedal just goes to the floor. it doesnt even move the clutch.

so ive narrowed the problem to the pedal and tension mechanism.

today i took the pedal out to investigate. i didnt see any problems everything looked good to me.

so i refitted it after changing the bushes.

but the same thing happend again. i push the pedal down to is will adjust the tension. but there is a clunk and it goes completely slack. i know the cable is fitted correctly .

anyone have any ideas?

i can give more info

thanks!!

Clio mk1 rally :P
Yeah. It's doesn't even have enough tension to move the cable under the bonnet so I know it must be the pedal side