ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clutch cable... again!!!

car? need a license 1st!

I was on my way down to my mates house last night, before a night out, and coming round a fairly tight corner near a pub where i live, the clutch cable snapped!!!!

Unfortunatly this is the second time this year that the cable has snapped, the car definately needs a new clutch.

So what im asking is, would anyone know where i can get a new clutch (standard one) for a 92 Clio 1.4S. Preferably fitted, as i know naff all about mechanics, and what sort of price would it be?

When i have that sorted, i have a few other bits and bats to do, then im selling it and getting another clio, because, basically, its shagged.

Im hoping for a 1.4S maxim, or somthing similar, nothing less than a 1.4, and i havent got much to spend, which is going to be difficult..

Thanks in advance for the advice..

Chewy

car? need a license 1st!

well im not really too bothered about time, cos im at college on monday so i can get it sorted while im there, i just wanna know where i can get it done..

p.s. im in lancs. near blackburn.

Chewy

I went through 3 clutch cables in 6 months on my RT. I was told that there was a problem with the actual clutch pedal which should have been recalled back in 1993. This problem caused excess wear and tear on the cable.

I got a new pedal from Renault (cant remember how much it cost) that sorted the problem.

Presume its probably the same for the S.

Cheers

car? need a license 1st!

Ahhh nice one adz, problem it, i dont think its the pedal, i think its the clutch itself as the pedal (when i had a cable) is very hard to push in, its like pushing a brick into concrete.

I wonder if i email renault and nicely ask them about it, maybe they will sort it ;)

cheers for the info tho adz.

royalsgoingup: its was £300??? that seems a bit much, as i got quoted £160 from a peugeot dealership near me.