ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clutch bedding-in?

What's the deal here? Never fitted a new clutch. I'm reading info a clutch should be bedded in gently over 300-500 city miles, surely not.

The kit is only LUK OE and my car has as much torque as a lawn mower.

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
Personally, I’ve never bed one in.

I make sure everything is cleaned with brake cleaner when fitting, and rub the flywheel with a bit of emery cloth if reusing the old one.

When I did the box/clutch on my Clio the first time I drove it after was on track.

Personally, I’ve never bed one in.

I make sure everything is cleaned with brake cleaner when fitting, and rub the flywheel with a bit of emery cloth if reusing the old one.

When I did the box/clutch on my Clio the first time I drove it after was on track.
Yeah same, wired brushed the flywheel and rubbed down the plate disc.

BG 182FF
I'm reading info a clutch should be bedded in gently over 300-500 city miles,
Its very much like fitting new pads to used but in good condition brake discs.
It will take some miles before all the friction material fully contacts the flywheel.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
As above I just take it easy for a while, avoid slipping the clutch too much.

I remember at 17 my first car was a sierra twin cam, my dad fitted a new clutch for me while I was at school.... the new clutch was great, burnouts and donuts were loads easier without it slipping.... within a day I had warped the new clutch which then chattered evermore, my old man obviously knew exactly what had happened and gave me a good roasting. Wish I was there again now.

Anyway - so yeah just be nice for a little while.