ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clunk when cornering hard right

Clio Trophy #343
hello

This is gradually getting worse on the trophy, so over the winter I plan with a few other things to resolve this.

Assuming at this stage I have done and checked nothing, would someone of the more experianced be able to start me off in the right direction, if possible a list of possibles to start checking/replacing.

the symtoms:

hard acceleration or braking. no noise
corner left in a racing fashion. no noise
park the car sensibly up a curb using the drivers side wheel.

park the car sensibly up a curb using the passanger side wheel. CLUNK
corner hard right in a racing fashion. CLUNK (one single noise)

any help and advice would be much appreciated

thanks

rich

Clio 1.2 MkII Ph1
I had the same problem on the front-right of my car. Turned out the front o/s suspension coil was completely FUBAR (according to the mechanic, "one of the worst cases of it I've ever seen.") Cost about £100 including labour. Hope this helps, sorry it's not very detailed!

Clio Trophy #343
worth checking mate, thanks for the reply.

we are looking at geetting a set of cooksports anyways, so if it turns out to be that then we will fix it with what we have/will have over x mas

anyone have anything further?

172 Phase II
It's not the top mount tapping? If you still have the old ones, you can get washers for them to stop tapping. If you have the new improved ones from Renault it's not going to be that.

What happens when driving (normally) at full lock?