ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cluncking noise ph1

Clio 172 ph1
hi when I put the car in reverse then start reversing,put the clutch in to put into first it makes a cluncking noise also if I pull off in 1st gear quite quick i here it,think I need dog box mount
Any one else had this problem
Cheers guys

renault clio 1.4 16v
The gear box will make a clicking sound going from reverse to first but a loud bang or clunk noise under hard acceleration could indicate a bad engine mount, most likely the dog bone mount as you said... its easy to check from underneath... also try and move the engine around by hand, if theres more than 15 to 20mm movement then u may have found the problem...

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
When you drive select a gear like 3rd and go on and off the accelerator, a bit of gearstick movement often indicates needing a new dogbone mount.

RenaultSport 172
The Evol Engineering one is really good. It was very solid at first but has got better. My still clunks a bit so the other mounts are probably knackered