ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cliosport Mountain-biking weekend - Scottish Borders!

Yeah not your average Cliosport meet, but a few of us headed down (or up) to Dumfriesshire for a bit of mountain-biking action over the weekend. After more than a few beers on the Friday night we headed over to Newton Stewart to the MTB centre at Kirroughtree. More beers and random chat followed, then on Sunday we all headed to Mabie forest to ride the trails there. Some people had to head home on the Sunday but a hardcore select had a few more beers and a couple of slices of pizza :eek: and headed home this morning. Cheers to everyone for making it a great weekend :)

Those present from Cliosport: Alan, rory182, rufstuf, Geddes, Dave3141, Rebecca, clio_rob, Ally. Plus there were a load of non-CSers there too - sorry I didn't get all the names.

Here's the carnage :evil::

rory182 at Mabie:
2007-04-22CSMTBpic1.gif

Joanne (Mrs Ally) at Mabie:
2007-04-22CSMTBpic2.gif

Dave3141 at Mabie:
2007-04-22CSMTBpic3.gif

(left-to-right) Ally, Ally's mate Ally, Dave3141, rory182:
2007-04-22CSMTBpic4.gif

Ally's mate Ally on the Dark Side Trail at Mabie:
2007-04-22CSMTBpic5.gif

Ride that? Aye right!
2007-04-22CSMTBpic6.gif

You don't say!
2007-04-22CSMTBpic7.gif

Ally copping some airtime:
2007-04-22CSMTBpic8.gif

Arty pic in Mabie forest:
2007-04-22CSMTBpic10.gif

Pizza? (l-r Ally (black tee), Ally's mate Ally, Rebecca, Dave3141, rory182, clio_rob)
2007-04-22CSMTBpic11.gif

Where the f**k's the clios?
2007-04-22CSMTBpic12.gif

"So, what sonus pad did you use on your bike?"
2007-04-22CSMTBpic14.gif

Insert your own random comment to this pic of Alan LOL:
2007-04-22CSMTBpic16.gif

Nice bikes:
2007-04-22CSMTBpic17.gif

Ah there's a clio...
2007-04-22CSMTBpic18.gif

Ally
:cool:

muz

big fat japanese bus
cool cool man still gutted I could not make it - did stirling castle the wallace monument and the safari park though on the saturday (we had ozzie friends staying) then my 10k on the sunday - which I did a pathetic 45min :(

you up for peebles a week on saturday?

Aye it would've been good to have you there - next time though!

Just posted in the other thread but probably won't manage Peebles - working at a festival in Falkirk on 5th or 6th or possibly both. Jo's off though so we'll both come along if we can.

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
id like to do something like that but my bike with a gear ratio of 16 14 and no seat would mean itd take a age to get anywhere. allways miss my loverly specialized it loved things like this.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
bargain tastic!

i thought you may have to pay for some of the forestry courses - due to the cost of upkeep -

tiTTy & SV650
nah, it's euro funded and forrestry commission etc they have shops and cafes on site often and its a big big money maker for the local area economies.

Banana
Nice pics matey. Kirroughtree was the highlight for me, I was grinning ear to ear after that. Mabie and Ae were pretty good too.
Rory is a bad influence though, getting me wrecked with the Jack Daniels. Hillclimbs are no fun with a hangover lol

Made another wee vid with Mark and Gaz jumpin' at Ae...

th_7StanesWMV.jpg

mk1 RT
ha ha i looked wasted when i was munching away on my second pizza there lol but i didnt have no alcohol th whole weekend :S

a grand weekend away :cool: whens the next????

muz

big fat japanese bus
aaah the 7staines. rode um all last summer. awesome tracks :p u kids should doo some dh . u all look very timid.

adddd.jpg

:)

DSC04447.jpg

DSC04492.jpg

DSC04491.jpg

oh yeah and what happens when you make a slight error ....

DSC05397.jpg

and someone showing off ...

th_MOV05457.jpg

DSC04481.jpg

this better? Me and mates at peebles (mind you I went off the wee drop)

looks good guys, wheres all the black routes? ;)
I did 'em on the Saturday ;)

Kirroughtree black, there wasn't a single bit I didn't ride - although that was the first time I cleared everything. I'm more into XC than DH anyway and the Kirroughtree black is a bloody great route with a lot of brilliant descents and tricky drops.

tiTTy & SV650
^ if I had a downhill beast like that there's probably not a lot I wouldn't ride! Mines got 4" of travel but when I've ridden something with 6" of travel (an Enduro expert with Fox R36's) it was night and day on the downhill stuff so a DH bike would be better still I imagine.

But fook that I like the technical climbs too and can't afford anymore bikes lol

RenaultSport 172.
fresh! always wanted to ride DH but not fit enough..

ill stick to my lazy, ghetto , park, street and skatepark riding....

its all about the style and trickery, not how fast you are ;)

Mreg 1.8 16v naples red
i wish my * beast * cost less to run. haha i need new forks ( well... want ) im after some of the sexy 2007 888 airs. but the £800 tag is hefty. and my cars dying too :( im gna have to come ride some of the scotish stuff soon. ive only ever riden fort william and dunkeld DH tracks.

tiTTy & SV650
innerleithen and brora are meant to be good DH tracks and you'd probably enjoy the black at laggan on that sorta bike.