ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clios on spacers

172 cup
Looking to fit spacers on my ph1 172 an wanting to see what looks the best so get snapping chaps

Cheers

Re: Clio,s on spacers

25mm front, 15mm is what im running. Sit perfect imo.

IMG_0032-1.jpg

IMG_0034-2.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

Obviously it changes due to wheel offset etc.

172 cup

Looks nice mate think the front could come in a bit mind what's the offset your running

bg 182

i was thinking about doing this on mine too, im no expert so forgive my complete lack of knowledge when it come to this, but is it a case of just fitting spacers or do you have to adjust anything?

Looking for 182

I'd love spacers on mine, but wouldn't even know where to begin looking, and what for!!!

Looking for 182

cs.net search engine??

But seriously, H&R make the ones you want and most motorsport places stock them.

How do I know what size to get though? Do I measure from the tyre to the arch, minus a few mm, and then get that size?

ph1 172

Danny, what 5mm spacers are you running on the back as I need to get some this week?

Looking for 182
2 x 15mm spacers - Does that mean it extends the wheel out 15mm on each side, or 15mm in total (7.5mm each side)?

Looking for 182
Ok thank you. Might get some of those Delta Mics in that case, just need to measure up and see if they're the right size as Motorsport World only have 15mm and 25mm.

Looking for 182
Ok. I've measured up and at the front there is a 15mm gap from tyre to arch, and at the back there is a 10mm gap from front to arch.

Therefore, I think that I need 20mm spacers at the front (leaving 5mm spare on each side), and 10mm spacers at the back (leaving 5mm spare each side).

Does that sound about right?

On that basis, for a little over £60, I can get FK spacers from here - http://www.venommotorsport.com/product_details.php?id=3247&manufacturer=FK&category=Wheel

They are 'system A', which I assume means I'll need new bolts. Will I not be able to use my locking wheel nuts any more?

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
IMG_0577.jpg

From memory 20mm hubcentrics at the front and 15mm at the rear. Also running extra camber front and back.

Looking for 182
Ok. I've measured up and at the front there is a 15mm gap from tyre to arch, and at the back there is a 10mm gap from front to arch.

Therefore, I think that I need 20mm spacers at the front (leaving 5mm spare on each side), and 10mm spacers at the back (leaving 5mm spare each side).

Does that sound about right?

On that basis, for a little over £60, I can get FK spacers from here - http://www.venommotorsport.com/product_details.php?id=3247&manufacturer=FK&category=Wheel

They are 'system A', which I assume means I'll need new bolts. Will I not be able to use my locking wheel nuts any more?

Scarp that, looks like they're not hub centric.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Right.

I've posted this so many times....

Do NOT scrimp on spacers... yes, some look cheaper, it's because in comparison they're pony.

A few do's:

Please get the spacers that come with bolts, i.e they bolt to the hub and then the wheel bolts to them

Please do not get delta mic's, it's well recorded that delta mics aren't always machined totally flat, sitting slightly off of the hub in the middle, putting a shed load of extra force on the bolts, which eventually snap

Try to get the lighter weight ones, less weight = less pressure on bearings.

Perfect spacing is 25mm front, 10mm back IMO.

But really, don't be cheap with these, they're the joining point between the wheel and the car ffs

Looking for 182
Right.

I've posted this so many times....

Do NOT scrimp on spacers... yes, some look cheaper, it's because in comparison they're pony.

A few do's:

Please get the spacers that come with bolts, i.e they bolt to the hub and then the wheel bolts to them

Please do not get delta mic's, it's well recorded that delta mics aren't always machined totally flat, sitting slightly off of the hub in the middle, putting a shed load of extra force on the bolts, which eventually snap

Try to get the lighter weight ones, less weight = less pressure on bearings.

Perfect spacing is 25mm front, 10mm back IMO.

But really, don't be cheap with these, they're the joining point between the wheel and the car ffs

Thanks Rob. I've written off the Delta Mic's already. In what order would you recommend other brands, like H&R, FK, and Eibach for example?