ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio wont start

phase 1 172 sport
After having a roll cage welded in my clio which we dissconnected the battery,i reconnected the battery today which is fine clio won,t start have renewed fob battery just in case the indicators flash lightly but thats it no door locks activating nothing any help would be gratefull thanks

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Re: clio won,t start

Could be a battery issue, i see you have 2 182's, can you take battery out of one and see if it will fire the other one up. if it does then its the battery thats dead

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

Sounds silly, but try disconnecting it for 10 mins, and then re-connecting it.

I had to disconnect my battery the other day, then randomly after a short drive, it wouldnt start. Disconnected, then reconnected 10 mins later, worked totally fine.

phase 1 172 sport

Battery is new as key fob battery my mate owns tyre shop bought and was checked saturday so not that mate

5 gt turbo Raider & 172

check the fuses in the engine bay bod,

Failing that as above disconnect for 10 mins, it'l reset the values in the ecu but cant see that being the problem as you've had it disconnected for a period of time

phase 1 172 sport

have done all that i thought it maybe a bad earth somewhere as clio is completely stripped but because its been running fine before cage its wierd

Mk5 golf gti

hmm i reckon its down to a bad earth by the sound of it
finding it on the other hand i cant help you with im afraid lol
but thats the step id take to finding the fault

phase 1 172 sport
all sorted now clios up and running poor earth connection can crack on now and put all the goodies on it:cool: