ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Williams vs Mini Cooper S

Clio 1.6 16v
TIENE CHIMICHURRI

chimichurri.jpg

Swift Sport
If they were both standard there probably wouldn't be much in it, I'd imagine the Clio would have the edge though being so light.

Suzuki Swift Sport
It would be quite close, although the mini wins on the power to weight ratio. Despite the username I'm not biased ;)

Swift Sport
It would be quite close, although the mini wins on the power to weight ratio. Despite the username I'm not biased ;)

I can't work out how old the Mini is, but the earlier ones are only 163bhp. So the power to weight should be in favour of the Clio.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
If it's an R56, they are over 200bhp standard, so either the williams is boosted or the mini wss making it look like the williams is faster.

Still a shitty old french hatchback that will probably have rusted out by now.

RB 182 Cup
I think the four levels of tune so far for the R56 variants are; 175bhp, 192bhp, 211bhp and 218bhp depending on whether it's standard, standard with a JCW upgrade or a factory JCW.

RB 182 Cup
I think a lot of these videos where certain cars manage to beat other cars on road or track are completely dependant on;

1. Skill of the driver
2. Mechanical sympathy, and
3. Whether the driver of the apparently faster car is trying at all

Rather than the underpowered car has beaten a more powerful make/model in some David verses Goliath biblical miracle!

i.e Clio 1.2 beats Ferrari Enzo round Nurbergring

Swift Sport
What's the 0-60mph of a Williams anyway? My Type-R easily pulls away from my mates Cooper S, it is the Supercharged one though.

Suzuki Swift Sport
What's the 0-60mph of a Williams anyway? My Type-R easily pulls away from my mates Cooper S, it is the Supercharged one though.

If its a healthy one it shouldn't lag behind the civic much, bypass valves get clogged on the supercharged ones tell your mate to get it checked!

Z4
If its a healthy one it shouldn't lag behind the civic much, bypass valves get clogged on the supercharged ones tell your mate to get it checked!

+1, should be a close one with a type R, they honda would pull a little though.

I like minis, they're a good all rounder and I think it's great how light they are for a modern car!

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
just curious, 182ff vs the supercharged minis?

Pretty much the same, either could win depending on the driver from my experience.

182 and/or Mini vs Type R, pretty much the same up until 100 where the Honda will start to pull.