ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio valver clutch

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
bought a valver yesterday!

got it home and later drove it and the clutch cable has snapped:(

so i went to local parts dealer got a oe replacement one fitted it and it keeps pulling out of the plastic part/slot that the cable goes into:mad:
in the plastic its a hex shape and on the cable its a smaller cylinder shape:S
iv checked on a mates valver and his is the same but it works:S
what a pain in the arse it is to fit also!
mr AA would say uh um uh na mate walk!
anybody played with these before?

williams 2 turbo
for some reason, aftermarket ones are about an inch too short, go to renault the last one i got was under 20 quid and it will work perfectly. took me a while to figure this one out!

Might have broken something on the pedal assembly.

The above about pattern part cables is complete and utter bullshit, i've had cables from Renault, GSF, Halfords, local motor spares place and all have fitted fine, infact if anything the Halfords one lasted the longest

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
its not the length thats the problem guys
its the pedal end not holding the cable!
just pulls out with no force on it!
its like the end of the cable is too small!but its oe part and iv checked with another valver its defo same setup

I'll put money on the fact that something in teh rachet mechanism on the pedal has broken, esp if it fits in another one