ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio V6 brakes

172 cup, Impreza P1
Anyone ever fitted this set up onto a 172 or 182?

Easy to do and will the discs fit under 15" wheels?

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
172 brakes only just fit under 15's . no doubt they can be made to fit but for the price just just buy a ready to fit setup

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
They were never that good on mine to be honest i wouldn't bother... plus they are 330mm so dunno if they'd go under 15's

172 cup, Impreza P1
I'm happy with the standard stoppers with pagid blues and brembo max discs but just spotted a set for sale and thought it might be an option.

V6's had 18" wheel iirc so though I might be asking a bit much to fit them under 15's.

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
At the price Renault charge for discs and pads, you'd have to be nuts to fit them to your 172, even if they did fit.

They do stop the v6 well, if in good condition with good pads.

Out of curiosity, what size where the discs you saw advertised? There has been a fair bit of confusion from auto factors spec'ing discs for the v6 at 310mm, when as mentioned above, they are 330mm for both ph1 and ph2.

Pathfinder n 172cup
Mate of min had a v6 and the front brakes are massive so i dont think they will fit plus a v6 is rear wheel drive might be hard to hubs etc to fit and they are two piece disc's

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Mate of min had a v6 and the front brakes are massive so i dont think they will fit plus a v6 is rear wheel drive might be hard to hubs etc to fit and they are two piece disc's

Good point about fitting onto the hubs.. V6 are 5 bolts compared to the 1*2's 4 bolt.

You're wrong about them being 2 piece disc's though. There was a group buy last year for some 2 piece front disc's that we had made up, maybe your friend had some of those.. but they're not OEM.