ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Trophy STOLEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
This utterly sucks and is why my Clio key lives in a secret place. Mine isn't a daily though which makes an awkward hiding place more feasible.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Terrible thing to happen but I still don't get why people leave there keys near the door.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
good luck finding my keys if you break in, I struggle myself most of the time. Wife thinks I'm losing it I'm sure she keep moving them around the house just to wind me up.

As for the OP must be absolutely gutting to have a car for 9 or so years from new then for some low life to steal it.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
good luck finding my keys if you break in, I struggle myself most of the time. Wife thinks I'm losing it I'm sure she keep moving them around the house just to wind me up.

As for the OP must be absolutely gutting to have a car for 9 or so years from new then for some low life to steal it.

But then you're running the risk that said c***s might want to come and find you 1st...!

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
My comment wasn't a dig at where people leave their keys I'm just glad mine is hidden if someone breaks in and I'm out. If someone aggressive came in and my family was home and they demanded the keys I would hand them the keys. On my own I'd weigh up my options not because of the car but because of the sheer cheek of it.
Chased some Moron down the road a few years back who threatened my wife and I with a chisel in our house once my wife was safe behind a door and I was between the door and said moron but it was too late he'd already bolted by the time I turned round and got a head start. Dropped his loot and the police later caught him and he went down. Third strike for him apparently. My wife gave me a cracker of a slap for being such a tool.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Friend of mine was woken up at 3am by the police standing at the end of his bed. Thieves had broken in, taken keys and car. f**k having them searching around the house for the keys

Williams 1&2, LY182
My mate had his r32 stolen. The keys were in his jeans pocket at the bottom of the bed, whilst he was asleep!
If they want the car they will take it at any exspence.
If a car means that much to you, get a tracker installed, it's money well spent if the worst happens.

Its sad when the mentality has become; 'if someone wants it, they will take it'.

As much as I agree with that it is disgusting that is the way it is now.

I leave my keys on the side, but good luck getting a quick get away! No PAS and a PMS shifter that hits the cat for reverse makes it a skill to drive lol

Transit & Death trap
This is going to feel like a dig @ Lewellyn, it isn't meant to be..
As i know you break loads of Clio's.. not ever body is on the forum who owns Clio's

But how do we knows its not stolen... this isn't a dig at you but a picture of a car in your garage of a car with no number plates..

Well, you're either using me as an example of how a potential thief/scumbag would conduct themselves or that I may have something to hide by not showing the number plates!... but no, course it's not a dig. Flol
The biggest flaw in your suggestion, is that you're treating everyone as guilty, until they've proven otherwise.
For example, should everyone selling a used TV on ebay, gumtree, etc, show an original receipt, because it could potentially be stolen?..
I do get your point, I just think it's a little misguided and OTT tbh.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I do agree it's not worth risking yourself for a car and I don't know the exact circumstances.
But I still think leaving keys out on show actually encourages them to try and get in.

Obvious answer is to secure your property better especially if you've got little uns, screw being ok with people getting in whatever there stealing.

clio 182
Wasn't a dig, just you post a fair bit on here, and are quite an active forum member.. so where just using you as an example. As everybody would know you.. Apologies

Ph1
It might be true to some degree the saying ''if they want your car they'll take it'' but there are those thief's who are determined and those who are simply opportunistic, the latter of which is by far the vast majority. If you leave your keys visible then your leaving yourself open to both.

You only leave them visible for when they break in, putting them in the windowsil is obviously a stupid idea. But if they break in, then leave them on the sidetable or something (something that ISNT visible from the outside, but clearly visible when they break in).

I think you have missed the common sense part of "leave them where they can see them" Andy :/

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
As someone has said above, I believe this was more opportunistic than planned, if I was planning to break into someone's house and steel their car, I would be looking for something more expensive and desirable to take that risk, As much as its a horrible horrible thing to happen, they guys family where not harmed and he can buy another car, doesn't make it right, but makes it a lot more bearable.
If they really want something, they will find a way in the end, I remember a story years ago, maybe an urban myth, but when fireblades first came out, a guy parked it at the back of the garage, chained to the wall and put the car in after so it was wedged in, and went on holiday, they cut the chain with oxy acet, and actually dragged the bike over the top of the car, so he lost his bike, and the car was a right off as well, some people will stop at nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.