ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Surf trip

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
Went down to my parents flat in woolacombe last week, didn't take many pics of the clio unfortuantly, should of done cos there are some great locations for shoots down there!

Before we went:
DSCN5006.jpg

When we got there, looking out of the balcony:
DSCN5009.jpg

Was a wicked week, furthest I've ever driven, lol, had an hour and a half of fun devon country roads either way though, was a blast!

Got stuck in the middle of some sort of convoy of another car club on the way back (probably some chavvy "cruise" type, highly annoying, kept overtaking me, getting in front, and braking riiiiight down to force me to overtake them, idiots!

heres a picture of a sheep:

DSCN5075.jpg

and heres abit of an action shot I took one evening, the swell was pumping pretty much all week, only dropped off on saturday, best surf trip I've ever had!

DSCN5132.jpg

That is all! :rasp:

BG 182 FF
apart from the getting caught up in a chav race, looks like a good trip m8, car looks very nice too

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
Cheers guyssss :)

I know yeah the roof rack did actually look good! was on for a few weeks all together, when I took it off it looked wierd!

I'm probably going to be selling up early next year to get the real thing :)

M2 Competition
The view from the balcony shot is great, makes me want to go on holiday!!

Looks like a great trip buddy :)

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Ace pics bud, wish i could do something interesting like surfing, were did you get them roof bars?

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti

Yeah was a great trip!

The roof bars are standard 3door renault ones, got them off a member on here, then they've just got animal pads on.

get some lessons bud! usually about £150 for 5 days I think, but you learn on foamies which have tonnes of float so it's not v.hard at all. extreamly fun hobby!

Nice! I've really got into surfing this summer... been down to cornwall 3 times in the last 2 months already. Off to Bude again in a couple of weeks. I really need some renault bars for the clio, I'm using a soft rack for the board at the moment which scratches the roof :(

Do you remove the aerial for the board? Really annoyed me not having any radio on the last trip!

Freetrack&Monaco 172
Love your car fella, liking the non-sport colour, very smart!

I have a set of Thule roof bars but much prefer yours.....swap lol?? Used to do a lot of Surfing down Perranporth direction but dont get the time now with work etc, would love to get back into it!!

Clio 172 Exclusive
Car and scenery look good, and the roof rack isn't bad either! ;) I used to do a bit of windsurfing, which I miss in the summer now :( I had a go at surfing with a friend, but never stood up for long due to the low volume of the board.

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
That sheep has some nice rims :approve:

Nice car thou, how much did the roof rack set you back?

lol! 'Twas £45 iirc, worth it!

Nice! I've really got into surfing this summer... been down to cornwall 3 times in the last 2 months already. Off to Bude again in a couple of weeks. I really need some renault bars for the clio, I'm using a soft rack for the board at the moment which scratches the roof :(

Do you remove the aerial for the board? Really annoyed me not having any radio on the last trip!

Nice one! what's bude like? Wanted to go there for a few years now, not got round to it! Yeah I saw the soft rack but heard bad things about them so got the renault bars! I've got a c2 VTS ariel so it sits just under the board, but I never listen to the radio so I couldn't tell you if it effects reception.

Love your car fella, liking the non-sport colour, very smart!

I have a set of Thule roof bars but much prefer yours.....swap lol?? Used to do a lot of Surfing down Perranporth direction but dont get the time now with work etc, would love to get back into it!!

Cheers! fraid not buddy ;) I saw the thule bars but thought they looked abit too square for the clios curves, lol. Do it mate! well worth making the time for :)

Car and scenery look good, and the roof rack isn't bad either! ;) I used to do a bit of windsurfing, which I miss in the summer now :( I had a go at surfing with a friend, but never stood up for long due to the low volume of the board.

Cheers mate! Yeah having the right kit is paramount for a learner. I want to try windsurfing! lol is that hard?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I know yeah the roof rack did actually look good! was on for a few weeks all together, when I took it off it looked wierd!

I'm probably going to be selling up early next year to get the real thing :)

Replica roof bars FTL ;)

Car looks good as a surf bus !

I like those wheels too - <girly mode> the colour really compliments the car !
</girl>

clio dci 80
hi your car looks awsome with the rack who makes those bars as the shape of the curve really suits the car.

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
Replica roof bars FTL ;)

Car looks good as a surf bus !

I like those wheels too - <girly mode> the colour really compliments the car !
</girl>

Hah, the car, not the roof bars :p see how it reads as roof bars though!

Cheers! :D

hi your car looks awsome with the rack who makes those bars as the shape of the curve really suits the car.

Thanks! They're made by renault, not sure if they are still available to buy new :S plenty of second hand ones knocking around though!

Clio 172 Exclusive
lol! 'Twas £45 iirc, worth it!

Nice one! what's bude like? Wanted to go there for a few years now, not got round to it! Yeah I saw the soft rack but heard bad things about them so got the renault bars! I've got a c2 VTS ariel so it sits just under the board, but I never listen to the radio so I couldn't tell you if it effects reception.

Cheers! fraid not buddy ;) I saw the thule bars but thought they looked abit too square for the clios curves, lol. Do it mate! well worth making the time for :)

Cheers mate! Yeah having the right kit is paramount for a learner. I want to try windsurfing! lol is that hard?

No, shouldn't be for you ;) You'll already have the 'sea legs' (balance) for it, just a case of learning how to 'sail' standing up, lol! That helps with stability, especially with some wind! And, again as you said, it all comes down to learning on the correct equipment.

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
No, shouldn't be for you ;) You'll already have the 'sea legs' (balance) for it, just a case of learning how to 'sail' standing up, lol! That helps with stability, especially with some wind! And, again as you said, it all comes down to learning on the correct equipment.

Ahhh kool, I'm tempted to try it if I can find somewhere that gives lessons :eek:, I think my local lake does actually!

Love Woolacombe, live down their summer weekends!

Nice shots

Yeah it's awesome, You're lucky only being, hmm, 1 hour 20mins away? :dapprove:

Im 4 hours away, which sucks, but with my parents buying that flat for their retirement I can stay down there for free whenever I want which is kool. Have my own room that I've re-decorated, and they arn't moving down there perminantly for another 3-4years so I can get it to myself/the gf most the time! I may well be moving down there myself soon, depends if I get made redundant or not :dead:.

and thanks, I've got tonnes of random shots from the week, may upload them to the photography section.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
and thanks, I've got tonnes of random shots from the week, may upload them to the photography section.

Cool, do it.

I'm about 1 hour away, 3 hours in the middle of summer with all the traffic :mad:

I know where that flat is too, along the esplanade.

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
Cool, do it.

I'm about 1 hour away, 3 hours in the middle of summer with all the traffic :mad:

I know where that flat is too, along the esplanade.

Yeah I bet, damn torists! :eek: haha

Yeah thats right, rockfield road. Used to stay there on holiday every year as a kid as it used to be holiday apartments, then the owner decieded to referb them all as seperate flats and sell them all off. so my parents got one straight away,lol, managed to get the one with the best veiw, a snip at £375k, the gutting thing is it was about 6months before the recession and house prices started falling! ah well! is there many local clio meets down your way? have to say I havn't seen a single RS there.

Bude's great... you'll love it. There's 2 main beaches there: Summerleaze and Crooklets. I prefer Crooklets for the surf as long as you're careful of the rocks! Saw a few jellyfish last time which was a bit un-nerving! :S

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
Bude's great... you'll love it. There's 2 main beaches there: Summerleaze and Crooklets. I prefer Crooklets for the surf as long as you're careful of the rocks! Saw a few jellyfish last time which was a bit un-nerving! :S

Ooo may well have to check it out soon then! Arghh I hate jellyfish, they make me panic when im in the water,lol. One year at woolacombe there was a huge storm that messed with the currents and swept thousands, and I mean thousands! onto woolacombe, there was a big pile about 1metre wide at the tide line of solid jellyfish. I was only about 11 at the time and went in the sea without a wetsuit, big mistake! their stings feel abit like wasps stings, lol. if I see one now I get a little rush of panic and paddle away as far as poss! :eek:

Clio 172 Exclusive
Ahhh kool, I'm tempted to try it if I can find somewhere that gives lessons :eek:, I think my local lake does actually!

Sounds good! If the centre's RYA (Royal Yachting Association) recognised, then the instructors will have all the relevant teaching qualifications, and the right beginners kit, so you'll be ready to go ;)