ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio stalling at junctions + funny idle

Clio 1.4 Dynamique S
Ive had a clio mk3 (56 plate, new shape) since august and had no problems with it, untill it started getting cold and it now stalls shortly after startup.

Basically what happens is I start the car and it starts fine, pulls away fine, I then get up to about 30mph then approach a junction, start to break and when i put the clutch down the revs drop and stall completly. If I sit in the drive for 5 minutes and let the car warm up it wont do it, or the revs will drop to about 500 and then the car will revs itself back up to stop the stalling.

I had the coils replaced about 3 weeks before the problem started because a warning light came on.

I have taken it to the renult garage and they have cleaned the throttle body, which they said would solve it. And alse reprogrammed the injectors, again which they said would cure it. But the problem is still there.

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Oh, one other thing is sometimes its revs funny (your going to have to bear with me because this is hard to explain) Its almost as if the revs are bouncing...if you imaging the revs moving by about 50 rpm from lets say 750 to 800 and then back down and up. Im not sure if thats going to be anything to do with it or not....

Cheers!!

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
I had this on a 172, gave the throttle body a clean and it was fine after that.

clio 172 phs 1
To be honest most Clio III are the same in cold winter mornings,they dont like them at all. Give it a good rev before u take away in morning! Another option is to disconnect the battery for 5 mins, sometimes can help.

'06 MK3 Clio 1.4L
I know im bumping an old thread but was this issue ever resolved?

Im having the EXACT same issue with my 06 (MK3) Clio 1.4.

In cold weather engine cuts out when approaching junctions and sticking my foot on the clutch, when warmed up its fine.

Idle revs seem to be bouncing every so slightly up and down even when engines warm. This causes slight engine and exhaust movement which im guessing is a slight misfire?

All help appreciated!