ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio sports - hate pot holes

Black Ph2 172
Is it just me or are 172s terrible over potholes, bumps, sleeping police man etc I have recently changed jobs and every little bump seems to really u settle the car, especially when driving with some mmmppphhh. Don't get me wrong I don't expect the ride to be great, but are all hoy hatches like this or just 1*2s??

S'trollin on size 7s
mine seems the same, not sure if maybe new shocks are due or something but as soon as i got it i thought to myself ,it seems to thud abit over certain bumps/potholes in the road, my 106 XSI wasnt like that at all

mx5 & 172
Crappy low speed damping + lowish profile tyres

I was a bit disappointed on that front with mine. Expensive suspension is the answer.

Black Gold Trophy
^I can vouch for that, but I think my 182 is quite a smooth ride when I compare it to other cars that should be A LOT more comfortable (seeing as they handle like sh1t!)

Speedbumps are pritty awful if you're not going slow enough.

What's even worse is the really harsh yellow and black ones. Can't be more than about 10" deep and must be about 3-4" high.

We have some on a private estate near by and if you're doing anything over 2-3mph it's like someone has just picked the car up and dropped it again. Actually got a little bit of air in my seat one time.

Love the ride on the whole though, lots of feedback and very aware of how the road feels. Just rather not know so much about potholes and speedbumps.

DCi 100
I bottomed out mine atleast 6 times on tuesday night :(

Think I felt a speed bump hit the rim on one occasion aswell, checked for bulges etc and doesn't seem to be any damage.