ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio sport 182 or honda civic type r??

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
not sure if it been said but what about a integra? much better than both cars imo in pretty much every way rare handle much better look better imo quicker, defo worth a look if youve not thought about it.

MCS R56
Had a black CTR before the cup and it was an amazing car. Took it to nearly 100k and was still mint and never missed a beat.

They are faster than you think aswell, i think it was alot faster than my cup. Honda is built better and people see it as better car.

Other good points of CTR:
-huge boot
-Nice position of gear box
-engine is amazing when on vtec

Bad points:
-Servicing is costy
-petrol is bad if you always have it on the vtec
-Handling is not good, alot of torque steer and danger in the wet!

I think they are the same as Cups, up to three figures anyway. They are actually slower than I thought they'd be.

Iceberg 172
not sure if it been said but what about a integra? much better than both cars imo in pretty much every way rare handle much better look better imo quicker, defo worth a look if youve not thought about it.

I take it you're talking DC2? if you are then you're looking at a car which is 7 years older. Finding a decent one which the interior is still in good condition as well as bodywork is RARE!!! And costly for the age of vehicle. Plus you won't get any service history with a JDM one (and no one would get a uk one would they!).

However, they are simply awesome cars!! My mate had his 96 spec one when I had my 210bhp Ibiza Cupra, I loved having a blast in it every now and again! Crazy handling capabilities! But I couldn't of driven it everyday.

The DC5 is in a different league and I was going to get one when I had my TT but insurance was just ridiculous. I still would like a DC5 at some point.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I take it you're talking DC2? if you are then you're looking at a car which is 7 years older. Finding a decent one which the interior is still in good condition as well as bodywork is RARE!!! And costly for the age of vehicle. Plus you won't get any service history with a JDM one (and no one would get a uk one would they!).

However, they are simply awesome cars!! My mate had his 96 spec one when I had my 210bhp Ibiza Cupra, I loved having a blast in it every now and again! Crazy handling capabilities! But I couldn't of driven it everyday.

The DC5 is in a different league and I was going to get one when I had my TT but insurance was just ridiculous. I still would like a DC5 at some point.

I wouldnt even know where to begin looking

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1470068.htm

Thatll be the same as a Clio then? If you batter any car up and down the rev range obviously fuel consumption will drop.

CTR's are chain driven and only require valve clearence every 24k/2 years @ a cost of £220

Whats a service at an independant, £60? Hardly bank breaking stuff!

Drive any car in the wet like a hero and you will crash, and die

The CTR drinks more fuel than the clio in my personal experience.

To keep your full dealer Honda service history its expensive, if you want to go to a cheaper independent company you can, and they are usually better than honda.

Im a super hero so when its wet i dont drive i fly around!:clown:

Clio 197
I've recently driven a couple of late breadvan CTRs and have to say that I was underwhelmed. They are crazy prices for what they are and unless you really need the extra space the 182 wins hands down. For the same money as an average CTR you will be looking at a mint 182 and probably newer too - which imo negates the quality argument. The only area the Honda does win is driveway presence - although this is balanced by the fact they make you look ten years older!

Drive a few and see which impresses you. I had set my heart on a CTR and ended up spending just a little bit more to get into a mint 197!