ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO SEATS BUCKET RECARO

clio 182 'full fat'
hi, im really keen on changing my front seats for a bucket style seats. would have to be full black leather.
how would you go about the airbag light and the seat belts as i would want to keep my standard seat belt, but it has the warning device fitted.
i love the trophy recaros but im not paying £800 for a pair
theirs some faux black leather un iversal ones on ebay for around £130 a pair.
was also wondering if anyone new if seats out of a pug gti 180 would fit?:S

Last edited by a moderator:
  172 cup, Impreza P1
Need to fit resisters (3.3ohm) in the plug. Do a search for seat fitting and you'll see what to do. However, it worked for my passenger seat but not the driver seat so I think I'll be playing about with it today.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Resistors required as above, if you push them all the way in, and secure them with tape they work for both sides fine. It'll just be a dodgy contact or resistor in the above case.

Remember with seats you'll need some sort of subframe per seat, and some sort of side mounts or slider mounts, budget around £200 for these alone for both sides.

You can remove the seatbelt socket and just mount it to your new seats for the seatbelts.

clio 182 'full fat'
what do you mean by side mounts?
sorry this is one thing if never played about with before.
the ones ive been looking at already come with sliders on the bottom so i guess theyll just bolt straight in somehow, perhaps needing some new holes drilled?
i was hoping aswell the new seats might sit abit lower as the standard 182's feel quite high up and you cant adjust the passenger seat (im quite tall)

clio 182 'full fat'
will the pug gti 180 buckets fit as there not too expensive but think they hav airbags in

172 cup, Impreza P1
Made my own subframes as the ones out there were too expensive for me.

I've got a drawing of what's required if you know a fabricator that can make them up for you.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Any seat 'should' fit, its the subframes that will need doing/buying/creating. I have always liked the GTi 180 seats, they are the only thing out of the 180's I really like. Look a lot sportier than the RS standard equivalents.

Just remember though, you get what you pay for and I personally wouldn't be confident in an ebay 'special' purchase if I'm honest.

clio 182 'full fat'
yeah pug 180's are nothing without the seats.
going to have a good look at my standard seats tomorrow then go view some buckets so i have an idea

MK2 Clio
I got my buckets off this site, they are good for the price, look good and are comfy.
they sit lower than standard seats and are good value, however one of the runners that hold the seat in place has just snapped on me...

buy decent seats and spend the money if you want quality... but these are a good cheap temporary alternative

You can get clio fitment sparco subframes that I use. I had to use a file to get the bolt difference on the top though to join the seat to it.

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
I read an article on cheap chinese copy seats and they were put up against the genuine article for some testing. Turned out to be equally as well made! But of course im sure there are some terrible copies out there too! What about motordrive seats? They get a good name and retail at a great price!

Flame Red Delight
ive got recaros out of an accord type R in my 182 and lets just say i didnt not pay anywhere near £800, have a look into evo seats and accord type r seats, well worth it tbh

clio 182 'full fat'
ended up with these
IMAG0201.jpg

They look pretty good... quite cheap looking fabric but I guess they do the job well?

Do they sit lower than standard? Well done on not going for Trophy recaros... they're really not very good at supporting you.

clio 182 'full fat'
there made by omp, bought them off a lad on here. they already had clio subframes on and seats belt pretensioners so it was just a case of bolting them in really, the lad sorted all the wiring out aswell so no airbag lights etc, really happy with them

clio 182 'full fat'
They look pretty good... quite cheap looking fabric but I guess they do the job well?

Do they sit lower than standard? Well done on not going for Trophy recaros... they're really not very good at supporting you.

Nah think that's just the lighting in the pic, the material is quite nice and tough looking, they sit a tiny bit lower but the real bonus for me as I'm quite tall is they go further back! support you well without being too uncomfortable. I slightly firmer,sportier ride

WANTED: RB 182
Ohh they look spot on! If they were mine id spray the silver harness holes the same colour as the car and then colour code the dash in the same blue aswell ;)