ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio RS Ph1 + Inlet Clio 197 + Cams 428. Litlle problem...

Renault Clio Sport Fase I
Hi!

I hope you can help me.

Mount on my Clio Sport catcams 428, cylinder head was duct work (springs, valves, tappets and rocker OEM) 4-2-1 exhaust manifold, inlet manifold Clio 197 Clio 197 injectors. In the dynotest is good until 6800 rpm giving about 191 hp but abruptly drop one 10 hp! In all tests is always about 6800 rpm. The strange thing is that no strange noises or obvious flaws. I leave a picture to see the power curve.

rqJCAHI.jpg

J6ZRrGd.jpg

FvJ0iGS.jpg

Other than that the car is doing very well and very fast speeds!!!

Any idea of the problem occurring?

Regards!!

Xuan!

Could be the VVT solenoid switching off. I think mine did similar before it was mapped. Have you had it mapped?

Yes! It has been mapped, but how do you control the switching off of the solenoid by the map? Is this possible?

Last edited:
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Got any pics of the portwork between the inlet and he head, as they are quite different IIRC

That drop looks exactly like the dehpaser switching off to me.

This is the work I did on the head. I had to enlarge the head to fit the manifold and make the hole for the injector...........

PdDcWia.jpg

LTPTFyh.jpg

WqK3yeo.jpg

CB654nE.jpg

MSdghUk.jpg

Thank you very much .....

Even I can not take full potential by falling power you see on the graph. I begin to doubt that it can extend the action of vvt...

It will be possible to modify the parameters from the ECU!?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Thank you very much .....

Even I can not take full potential by falling power you see on the graph. I begin to doubt that it can extend the action of vvt...

It will be possible to modify the parameters from the ECU!?

Yes mate you can alter the point at which the ECU turns the solenoid off again when you remap it.

Sadly im guessing you arent in the UK so we probably wont be much use on here in pointing you at who to go to for that.

Lionel Richie
speak to Paul at RS tuning, he can map it remotely as can Henk at Fastchip, if its 6800rpm its the VVT switching off

Today send mail to RS Tuning and Fastchip to see what response I get. And if possible send the data for them to change.

There are problems and risks of running at high rpm with this map?? While I find the solution ....

Last edited:
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yes you risk running lean at the top end as your car will breathe so much better for the same MAP sensor value up there, so the ECU wont know how to fuel properly.

did you not get an AFR trace on the dyno when you did your power run?

Ask them if one is available, often they will have recorded it but not put it on the printout.

Perhaps this saved AFR line ..... Fuel and air go right along the power line. That indicated the meter.

The mixture is rich in all curve ...

That what you mean?

I thought he said it'd been mapped though? If custom mapped in this configuration it should be fine. He would just need to keep the vvt on past 6800 and then have that part of the map adjusted to suit.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yes! It has been mapped, but how do you control the switching off of the solenoid by the map? Is this possible?

You're right Mark.

Sorry Xuan, I should read the whole thread properly again if replying a day later now that im old and my memory is going, lol.

It was only the dephasor not turning off that they missed in the map by the sounds of it, they obivously did the fuelling.

I thought he said it'd been mapped though? If custom mapped in this configuration it should be fine. He would just need to keep the vvt on past 6800 and then have that part of the map adjusted to suit.

That's ....!

It only remains to adjust vvt RPM.

At first the mechanic, thought that the vvt was driven mechanically, but to confirm that you can adjust from the map now is work on that and find a way to do it from the map. Still do not know how.....

clio rs 182, vw gti
Hi!

I hope you can help me.

Mount on my Clio Sport catcams 428, cylinder head was duct work (springs, valves, tappets and rocker OEM) 4-2-1 exhaust manifold, inlet manifold Clio 197 Clio 197 injectors. In the dynotest is good until 6800 rpm giving about 191 hp but abruptly drop one 10 hp! In all tests is always about 6800 rpm. The strange thing is that no strange noises or obvious flaws. I leave a picture to see the power curve.
rqJCAHI.jpg

J6ZRrGd.jpg

FvJ0iGS.jpg

Regards!!

Xuan!

clio rs 182, vw gti
Hi!

I hope you can help me.

rqJCAHI.jpg

J6ZRrGd.jpg

FvJ0iGS.jpg

Regards!!

Xuan!

clio rs 182, vw gti
dou you have in argentina the 197 clio rs? where do you find the 197hp intake manifold?, i am from mexico i am new in this forum, i have a clio rs182hp cup, i port the head and work all the internals, i have in this moment aprox 170whp in a dynojet with 93 octane at 1500m avobe sea level, and i want to have more hp, with a diferent intake manifold throtle body and tune.