ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Rajafar gone, new Octavia vRS TSI in.

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
Well it was a sad time last week, but it had to be done. My 182 was traded in, and I picked up a shiny Octavia vRS TSI Estate.

With a baby on the way, and a rather boisterous dog, I need some more room, but still wanted a bit of fun and more reliability. One week on and I'm really enjoying the effortless power of the turbo engine, but I'll certainly miss the go cart feel of the Clio.

Let me know if anyone comes across RJ54 AFA, it'd be good to see it go to a new home! Although I had to trade it in, as I knew there were quite a few jobs needing to be done on it, so it wouldn't have made financial sense to try and fix them all then sell privately.

Just got a few odds and ends to sell from the clio now; BMC CDA induction kit, spare wheel with tyre, engine cover and some old stereo bits / stealth shelf.

Also need to think of a name for the new beast!

Old + new + my last pic of her :(

PICT1749.gif

20131219_125519.jpg

2013-12-28160515.jpg

Mike

Swift Sport
That's quite an upgrade! I fancy something bigger and move grown-up, but I'm not so I won't lol.

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
I got £1300 trade in (just under 90k on the clock), which isn't much really, but with the items that needed fixing I wouldn't have the heart to sell it privately without getting them all sorted and quite an expense. Yep certainly more grown up, but it goes like the clappers and I had to grow up at some point :/

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
I don't think you'll get better reliability from a VAG product over a 182. They really aren't as reliable as people think.

I see the reason you bought it, but don't expect it to be fault free "because German".

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Nice. You go with any other options other than different wheels?

Mine should be here around April. I went with a TSI manual hatch in white. Black design pack, winter pack, sunset glass and spare wheel were my options. Can't come soon enough. The ST is doing my tits in.

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
Nice. You go with any other options other than different wheels?

Mine should be here around April. I went with a TSI manual hatch in white. Black design pack, winter pack, sunset glass and spare wheel were my options. Can't come soon enough. The ST is doing my tits in.

It's just got a spare wheel, I preferred the anthracite Gemini wheels, but the dealer made an offer too good on the demo car. Otherwise I'd have had a very similar spec to what you've ordered plus canton and cruise control , only in estate guise.

Clio 200
My main family car is a 59 plate Octy vRS estate. A few simple mods will massively transform the car. It's very sedate as standard but a stage 1 map from Shark or Revo will see around 250bhp. Mines on stage 2 now and around 290 ish. ITG intake and Milltek full turbo back. Straight line performance is ridiculous and around 12 seconds to 100 now.
It obviously doesn't handle as well as my 182 but with a few choice suspension upgrades, I've got eibachs, a stiffer rarb and an anti-lift kit, it's improved massively.
Get yourself over on Briskoda, great forum.

IMGP1817.jpg

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
Yep, I'm a member of Briskoda too now. On research the tuners havent cracked the ECU for remapping yet on the MK3, but there are some tuning boxes available for it. Not too bothered about modifying it anyway right now, apart from possibly some VCDS tweeks. Just hoping they crack it so that I can retrofit cruise control, I miss that!

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG
I don't think you'll get better reliability from a VAG product over a 182. They really aren't as reliable as people think.

I see the reason you bought it, but don't expect it to be fault free "because German".

This comment seems have been glossed over, oddly. Are you trying to say that a 54 plate 182 will as reliable as, what looks like, a brand new Skoda? Serious?

Looks like a superb all round car to me complete with 3 year warranty. If you have a family to lug about, you need all the space you can get!

TT QS
Is dealer in redditch? I may have seen the 182 on the way into the plumb center if so. Hope you're enjoying the new car

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
Is dealer in redditch? I may have seen the 182 on the way into the plumb center if so. Hope you're enjoying the new car

Yes it was, what's the plumb centre?

This comment seems have been glossed over, oddly. Are you trying to say that a 54 plate 182 will as reliable as, what looks like, a brand new Skoda? Serious?

Looks like a superb all round car to me complete with 3 year warranty. If you have a family to lug about, you need all the space you can get!

And yes, hopefully substantially more reliable than the clio, it needed alot of work doing to it really, plus it doesn't tend to start in the winter with a recurring problem it's had from new which no one ever seemed to be able to work out!

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
^^ edit on that, sorry thought you meant the clio was going into the plumb centre lol. Is it still parked by the main entrance?

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
I had AMDs Octavia VRS with stage 1 mods for a few weeks when my RS6 was in for some work. Cracking car, goes and handles well.

good choice i say!

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Worst car ive ever owned was my 2008 octavia vrs tfsi wagon, nothing was wrong with it, just hated it. Preferd driving my 2003 Laguna diesel lol. New ones maybe better though.

TT QS
^^ edit on that, sorry thought you meant the clio was going into the plumb centre lol. Is it still parked by the main entrance?

Yeah it was. I noticed it from a mile off. I love The colour and there isn't to many about over that way

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Do like the look of these, especially that silver one!

Glad none of you went for "I'm a pikey" white :dead:

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
Judging from Briskoda, I think there's going to be alot of "Pikey" white ones on the road over the coming months. Very popular, especially as it was either that or the pinky red colour that were the free colour options.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
That's why I picked it. I have a red car now and wanted a change. So white was the choice.