ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Oulton Park lap times

Hi all,
Did a trackday at Oulton yesterday, and used a timing app (Racechrono) for the first time.

Just wondering what lap times people are getting and their car spec, just for some comparison and to get an idea of whats possible.

My best was a 2:05.56.

Brief car spec is coilovers, A048s, RARB, and stripped out.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180308-094814.jpg
    Screenshot_20180308-094814.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 132

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
There is a similar thread.

Mine was 2.10 iirc.

B14’s and rsr tyres. And stripped with cage

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
2:10 with AD08R's, Whiteline ARB, H&R Coilovers, Rear seats removed.

That was with Harry's Lap Timer. Have also had a 2:07 on the app, but i take the times with a pinch of salt as the 1ghz gps in phones is not very accurate.

Not had the conditions to test the Quaife diff or Dunlop Direzza tyres yet. Should be a second or two at least off those times.

Edit: Forgot to say the 2:10 was with a passenger.

2:10 with AD08R's, Whiteline ARB, H&R Coilovers, Rear seats removed.

That was with Harry's Lap Timer. Have also had a 2:07 on the app, but i take the times with a pinch of salt as the 1ghz gps in phones is not very accurate.

Not had the conditions to test the Quaife diff or Dunlop Direzza tyres yet. Should be a second or two at least off those times.

Edit: Forgot to say the 2:10 was with a passenger.

Having a passenger makes a huge difference in these cars. When I had someone in my car yesterday I was struggling to shake a 182 on cup shocks and springs and Ad08s.

Really feel the difference carrying someone around.

That speed brake down is very interesting! Didn't realise you could do that. Speeds look very similar comparing. Looks like the only real difference is through Druids.

Not sure why Im doing 0 at shell oils though 😂 Must have lost satellites
Good lap that mate, it seems similar but you are defo carrying more speed down the straights and through Druids. Would be good to see the vid?

This was the first outing on all my new mods together, AST's, 197 cams etc and the tyres where really letting the set-up down. There was defo at least 2s with newer tyres, suspension tweaking and a bit more balls through Island bend and Druids.

Vid below, the 2:06 was from around 3:00.

Good lap that mate, it seems similar but you are defo carrying more speed down the straights and through Druids. Would be good to see the vid?

This was the first outing on all my new mods together, AST's, 197 cams etc and the tyres where really letting the set-up down. There was defo at least 2s with newer tyres, suspension tweaking and a bit more balls through Island bend and Druids.

Vid below, the 2:06 was from around 3:00.

I need to sift through all the gopro footage. I had some issues which were quite off putting, had some major rubbing on the front during hard cornering, which was very unsettling, had to really back off through cascades.
And then I started to get some knocking on the rear. With both of those sorted and fresh tyres I reckon Ive got a bit more to give

SWL16

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Mine's 2.14 but in two visits I'm yet to get a dry track. (This was the closest it got before the next downpour). Standard 182, PS3s on 182 wheels, 182Cup Springs and Shocks.

Will keep an eye on this thread ready for (hopefully) a dry day in Summer this year.

plees

ClioSport Club Member
  S/C Iceberg 172 Cup
I was down in the 2.04's in mine. That was with 197 cams, quaife diff, b14's and ns2r's.

Since then I've gone supercharged, AST's, roll centre hubs and slicks. not been back to oulton yet though!

I was down in the 2.04's in mine. That was with 197 cams, quaife diff, b14's and ns2r's.

Since then I've gone supercharged, AST's, roll centre hubs and slicks. not been back to oulton yet though!
You hoping for sub 2 minutes then? Was there when you were getting 2:04s and you seemed like you had a bit more in you then. You lost a second or two messing with your harness belts, lol.

plees

ClioSport Club Member
  S/C Iceberg 172 Cup
You hoping for sub 2 minutes then? Was there when you were getting 2:04s and you seemed like you had a bit more in you then. You lost a second or two messing with your harness belts, lol.

Haha! I remember that! New 6-point harnesses since then too so hopefully none on that lol. yeah i'd hope to get much closer to 2mins now. Just messing trying to fit epas at the moment. Hopefully be back on track mid summer:)

Haha! I remember that! New 6-point harnesses since then too so hopefully none on that lol. yeah i'd hope to get much closer to 2mins now. Just messing trying to fit epas at the moment. Hopefully be back on track mid summer:smile:
Cool. EPAS is a good mod for track, bit weird at first but once you get the settings right it decent. Need to pull mine off my breaking FF which I'm dreading, as i aint got a clue, lol.