ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio on eibach sportline springs (Pic request).

A few
Thinking of getting some eibach sportline springs and noticed that they only do them in 45-50mm.

Anyone got any pics of there car with these on?

PH-QUICK
I have sportlines on my 172 with a meggy splitter and they make it low enough to touch the ground over moderate speed bumps. Plenty low enough for every day use.

A few
Is there much difference between the pro kit and the normal ones?

Pro kit says 30mm.

Normal kit says 45-50mm.

I want it so that it is easy to drive for day-to-day use. Any recommendation of what/which i should get?

RB 182 cup
Have you got a sport?? If you do I would recommend the sportlines over the pro kit. It says it lowers 45-50mm but on a sport they will only make it lower by 30-35mm max after they have settled. Theres only a slightly noticeable difference looks wise...but handing there is a massive improvement.

If you want to go for a low aggressive look go for something different...if you want handing over ride height go for sportlines

RB 182 cup
This is mine with the sportlines on....sorry if its not that clear.

Photo0110.jpg

130i Road, 172 Track
Is there much difference between the pro kit and the normal ones?

Pro kit says 30mm.

Normal kit says 45-50mm.

I want it so that it is easy to drive for day-to-day use. Any recommendation of what/which i should get?

Which Clio do you have? And where did you get those figures from? They're wrong for a Sport. Sportline is 30mm, Proline is 15mm.

And do a search because this topic has been covered about 10000000 times :S

It may be the way the car was parked... on a slight hill. I will get some better/clearer ones at some point. But even still... 30mm isn't a lot.

Clio 182 with cup kits
they say sportline for show, proline for go. I've got the sportlines and i have to say i'm not disappointed. They look perfect imo and handle better than the cup springs set up i had on. Still some comfort. Just right without going silly.

A few
Which Clio do you have? And where did you get those figures from? They're wrong for a Sport. Sportline is 30mm, Proline is 15mm.

And do a search because this topic has been covered about 10000000 times :S

Got the figures from here: http://www.kamracing.co.uk/club-disc...sport-net-426/

I have 1.2 16v mk2 ph2. Its currently lowered 60mm, not sure what springs they are as it came with them when i bought it. Justs seems abit low and uncomfortable really.

So my plans are to get some decent springs without going mad (i.e 60mm). Just want the car to sit nicely over a pair of 172 16" alloys;) and for the ride comfort to be better than what it is. Also came with 17" alloys when i bought the car, so that could be another reason why it is uncomfortable.

Stagecoach Ticket
quality is very good better than standard ride

Looks wise they make it look lower but not massive change if you can stomach a harsher ride i think the apex 40mm kit looks lower or theres always the v maxx group buy thats around 370 for as low as you want.

R26
Do Sportlines go on a 182 Cup?

edit - Is it good to also replace the mounts where replacing springs?

Last edited:
Sportlines will lower a non-sport Clio more than the 1*2s

Up to 50mm IIRC

Yeah i would of thought so due to the standard dampers. Especially the 1.2s as they have specific springs the are different from all the others due to the engine weight being less.

"Navy" N17 TWO
The Sport Clio's are lowered slightly more than the non-Sports anyway
- hence the difference in drops between the models with the same springs.

Slightly different between the Cup & non-Cup too

My 40mm Apex springs lowered the car more than Sportlines would, so there's no chance they'd lower a 1.2 up to 50mm. I've never had a set of sportlines though, just going on what I've seen in pics/other peoples cars...

Last edited:
tbh in all fairness most people get sportlines for the ride and the better handling, where as people get apex etc for the drop.

Each to their own.

200 FF Storm Grey
tbh in all fairness most people get sportlines for the ride and the better handling, where as people get apex etc for the drop.

Each to their own.

Agreed.

Personally for me, it'd be criminal to sacrifice handling for the sake of looks.

I'd love coilies, just can't afford them, so for £150 or whatever it was I paid you really can't go wrong

Monaco 172
Sorry to hijack the thread but, where's the best place to get the sportlines and how much will it cost to get them fitted? or is it easy DIY?

k-tec, got mine the other day! came in 2 days which i wasn't expecting at all. think there cheaper on kamracing though