ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO MK3 - Aliexpress Sat/Nav new Head units - Opinions

Clio 3 1.5DCi 2011
Hello,
I've seen there's new/modern Sat/Nav and Radio Head Units for the CLIO MK3 being sold on Aliexpress.

These Modules replace completely the old and outdated unit in the Clio 3.

Did anyone tried any of these units?

Screen Shot 2023-07-10 at 20.03.45.png

Screen Shot 2023-07-10 at 20.10.53.png

https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/1005...41611ef6dd!12000031355013702!rec!PT!757814645

https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/1005...41611ef6dd!12000034276625479!rec!PT!757814645

Reactions: Gus

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
I bought one of the higher spec’d ones the other day, been looking at them for months. Justnavi Q10 4+64 I went for. Reviews seemed decent, even one pictured in a UK based Megane RS. Nothing to lose really.

Clio 3 1.5DCi 2011
I bought one of the higher spec’d ones the other day, been looking at them for months. Justnavi Q10 4+64 I went for. Reviews seemed decent, even one pictured in a UK based Megane RS. Nothing to lose really.

Thanks

I have some doubts,
I’m not familiar with Android devices.

What is the practical differences (in usage) of having 8GB RAM instead of 4GB?

And also the difference of it being 128GB instead of 64GB?

I don’t know what could be the best choice for me

Thanks

Clio 3 1.5DCi 2011
Basically go with the higher the better, lower ones may lag. I’d avoid the 1/2gb ram models and the space 32gb or more should be okay

Do you have the parking camera installed?

Does the screen changes for the rear camera automatically when you put gears in Reverse?

Thank you

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Do you have the parking camera installed?

Does the screen changes for the rear camera automatically when you put gears in Reverse?

Thank you

I don’t have it yet, it’s on route. Does come with a camera though, will need a reverse wire link to switch over when put into reverse but it will work that way when done.

Clio 3 1.5DCi 2011
I don't have parking sensors in my car, it doesn't have it.

I would like to install in the future and was just asking if you knew if parking sensors could be connected and work with the New android Head Unit or not?

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
If you were to install an off the shelf parking sensor system it would completely independently of the head unit so would work fine.
In regards to retrofitting an OE parking sensor system, 1. I’m not sure if it’s possible or not but 2. Again it would work fine as it’s an independent system.

Clio 3 1.5DCi 2011
Thanks.

I never seen a Clio 3 with original parking sensors of installed with parking sensors from factory so I don't know how it's supposed to work original.
I tried to find youtube videos showing Clio 3 with original parking sensors but also couldnt find it.
If they could come installed from factory I don't know if you just had some bleeps coming out of the radio speakers or if you have any indicator screen.

The OEM parking sensor kits for sale on the web look a bit low quality and the interface is a bit ugly, you have to install/glue and uggly indicator part somewhere in the dashboard. If the new Head unit had the option to connect parking sensors to it, then it would be great and easy

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Even the OE parking sensors don’t use the sound system speakers, it’s a totally separate speaker that beeps. The parking sensor system is not connected to the audio system in anyway.

Clio 3 1.5DCi 2011
I see,
thanks

in other cars it's incorporated in the Media/Radio/Audio system and main screen. I though with the Clio 3 would be the same

Thanks for your help

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Be interested to see how you get on

You just have a Tom Tom originally?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I've got a shitty Tom Tom on my facelift - only thing that annoys me about it

I have read the Tom toms are harder to integrate

I just want something that's oe ish looking (and decent fit on the dash) that works with the controls and has Android auto

Clio 3 1.5DCi 2011
Well, it looks pretty good for sure, much better than the original unit.

So your car is a Megane and you bought the Megane model and not the Clio 3 model, is that right?

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Well, it looks pretty good for sure, much better than the original unit.

So your car is a Megane and you bought the Megane model and not the Clio 3 model, is that right?

Correct, Megane 250. They do the same model for the Clio 3.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Not had a lot of time to play with it yet but from what I’ve seen so far it’s worth the £150 I payed. Very responsive, not laggy at all.
Couple of issues I need to sort but all wiring based, steering remote isn’t working yet and I need to find an adapter loom to I can use my Pioneer inline amp. Also need to sort a switch live for the sub.

CarPlay works really well. Will give it some use now and see how I get on.

IMG_3118.jpeg

Clio 3 1.5DCi 2011
So I guess that should already be an 8 Core model.

Being fast, responsive and no lag are really important attributes.

Have fun with it, it’s a great way of modernising a Megan’s or a Clio

Clio 3 1.5DCi 2011
I ordered an 8 Core , 4GB RAM and 64GB internal

Hopefully it's powerful enough for my needs.
It comes with quite a few spare parts that I wanted like the Rear camera for parking and the DVR

Can't wait to install it