ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Lookers deal, someone explain to me in numptie terms please.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I walk in, pay £999 deposit, car comes, I pay my £189 a month for 2 years,

Then what happens?

How many miles can I drive in those 2 years.

PH1 V6
There is an option at the end of the two years to buy the car outright for about 8k i think.

I dont think there is a limit on the mileage you can do, but best check with the dealership to be safe :)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Just most deals i've seen are for 6k miles a year, i reckon i do 12-14k.

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
I think its the same as the mini select that the mrs was looking at and at the end you either payout and buy the car or just get another and start again but there they asked you a milage limit and it was 2p a mile charge if you went over

BMW Z4
limit on this deal will be 6k per annum, with an over mileage charge of 6p per mile. you have three choices really at the end of the 2 years, shell out the 8.5k or so and purchase the car, trade in to cover the final balance and start again on a new deal or hand the car back and walk away. if you wanted to up the mileage you can but you will pay a bit more a month.

stu

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I was under the impression that if you sold or bought the car at the end, the excess mileage did not kick in. It's only if you hand the car back? That's what the guy at VW told me, and I didn't pay any excess mileage charge on my Clio (it was about 2.5k over what it was meant to be).

SchwepTek™
It's only 6p a mile so an extra 6000miles a year is only £360.

I'm looking into it too and bit confused about what happens at the end...

Black Clio GT
they will charge the excess milage if you walk away from the deal early or at the end of the two years if you hand back and dont get another but only if your seriously over the agreed amount as it will generally be worth less!!
doubling the milage to 12k per year wont make that much of a difference in the monthly amount tbh and you can always adjust it if you find your doing loads more or less miles than expected!!

its really very simple!!
pay £999 deposit then rent the car at £189 a month or what ever the milage per anum brings the finance out at.
then after two years take car back to local lookers and say thanks but my renault was w**k and walk away owing nothing, or ring renault finace up and pay the £8.5k remaining to own the car out right or part ex it againt another car if you find its worth more than the final payment which would equal cash back or deposit on the next car :)

Last edited:
  2004 182FF
0.06 * 6000 = £360 = £30/mo so surely for 12k a year the mileage overage isn't really that much of a concern. I'd happily pay that to have an in warranty car that I can do a 1000 miles a month in for £219 a month.

Edit: beaten like a *****.

SchwepTek™
0.06 * 6000 = £360 = £30/mo so surely for 12k a year the mileage overage isn't really that much of a concern. I'd happily pay that to have an in warranty car that I can do a 1000 miles a month in for £219 a month.

Edit: beaten like a *****.

;) haiiiii.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Basically, get it, use it, give it back. There will be a sudden onset of 200's on the used market. Buying it would be stupid.

Clown Car
I did this type of deal on a 306 D Turbo back in the late nineties, i opted for the 6,000 miles a year payment as the pence per mile penalty of going over the agreed mileage slightly was a lot less than paying the extra every month for the 12,000 mile agreement, at the end of the 2 years i handed the car back because i could have bought a 2 year old D Turbo for less than what Peugeot wanted for me to buy the car and i don't think there was any money left in the car to use as a deposit on another 2 year deal, so it's worth remembering that any money you put up front you will lose.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Yeah I don't expect any money back (who does?)

So basically it's going to cost me nearly £6k to drive a 200 for 2 years

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Yep, i was so so close to doing this July time, but i didnt want to be tied into it as i'll be house buying next year. I believe you can hand it back early though~?

Do it, you'll love it!. They need zero modding.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Focus all the way, see a green and white one regularly, and they are epic cars. If i could afford one i'd have one in an instant!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Always wondered about these deals as well,
http://www.lookers.co.uk/new-car-sales/renault-clio-renaultsport-petrol-manual/43945/

So in the above deal what's the guaranteed future value for?
And towards the end of the 2 year period can you trade it against a newer model and what would happen with regards to the finance?

Guaranteed Future value (GFV) is there to protect you. If Honda or some other firm bring out a car that runs on water, all petrol cars will become worthless. So your Clio 200 will still owe £8,000 on finance but will actually be worth f**k all. Renault finance have 'guaranteed' (flol!!) that the car will be worth a minimum of £8000, so therefore you are able to just hand the car back (provided its in 'reasonable condition) and walk away with no penalties to yourself.

E90 320d M Sport
I'm really tempted by this deal but i'm averaging 14k a year in the 172.

What would a 2 year old 200 with 28-30k on the clock be worth?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
^^^^ it doesn't matter

You'd just pay £1080 for the extra 18k you'd do, well thats my understanding anyway.

What real world MPG these things getting?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
^^^^ it doesn't matter

You'd just pay £1080 for the extra 18k you'd do, well thats my understanding anyway.

What real world MPG these things getting?
Calculated I'm getting 33mpg at the moment. Trip computer under-reads by 5mpg.

Did 400miles on one tank driving very economically (ie 70mph mway, as light as possible on the throttle).

E90 320d M Sport
Well my 172 is not getting any younger and it's only a matter of time until the bills come flooding in so this is ideal.

Surely if I agree to do 6k a year and then try and hand back a car with 30k on the clock it will have an impact on the end value price set by Renault?

So I would need to have 6p x how ever many thousands extra I have done in cash to give Renault?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Thats why you pay the 6p a mile i'd imagine, to offset that cost.

You can alter the milage on the deals which normally increases the monthly costs less than paying the excess mileage charge.

E90 320d M Sport
Hmm.

I'm very tempted by this. Is it just a lookers special deal? Don't think i've seen a Looker's around here!

Hmm.

I'm very tempted by this. Is it just a lookers special deal? Don't think i've seen a Looker's around here!

It's a Renault 'Selections' Deal. Majority of garages don't advertise it but they can all do it. The non cup is available on this deal too.

Get down to your local garage with the lookers quote and start haggling!!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Get on the renaultsport website, the deals are on the forum in there.

RSP

Clio 200
Hi.
I went for a similar but slightly better deal from Harrats Renault which has a lower 4.5% APR.
http://www.harratts.co.uk/renault/promotions/renaultsport.aspx
I also calculated that it worked out much cheaper to pay for the excess mileage at the end of the term (if you give the car back) as oppose to adding this additional mileage into the finance deal.

I decided to upgrade to a 200 instead of a cup for an extra £32 quid a month. (keeping the misses happy with some softer suspension and few more toys)
Once this was decided the salesman I dealt with was pretty open to some negotiation where possible which allowed me to get an extra 2000 miles and some renaultsport mats thrown in for the same monthly cost.

Then after sleeping on it I decided to ignore the girlfriend and add the cup pack to the order!

Ordered a Nimbus 200 with cup pack. Roll on the delivery date!