ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO IV RS - Trophy from page 111

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Kenny that is superb looking. I seen one with white wheels and white paint and it looked epic!

If you don't mind me asking, what way did you finance it?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Lovely

For me, black blade, diffuser, and arch bit up the doors. Perfection.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I REALLY like them now. Hated them at first. I'll probably never drive one though, well not anytime soon anyway.

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
Finally Driven one of these things!

Had to make the journey upto Reanult Cannock but they were great, allowed a test drive without fuss and didn't mind me mooching round the car for 30mins

All in all I was pleasantly surprised with the drive, Damping is very very good compared to a Cup packed 200 defiantly an improvement especially when dealing with bumps and potholes etc. Seats were supportive enough round the bends still would love recaros in one of these tho just to set it apart from the GT line

Gearbox didn't bother me really, seemed quick enough in sport and race modes and kept up the pace in full auto, Had a few occasions where it dropped down quite aggressively in sport leading to me looking like I was revving the nuts off it approaching a roundabout! Launch control was very good abit of a gimmick that will probably rarely get used but it defiantly does a good job at getting the car away, and theres Something very childish about sitting at the lights with the car popping and banging away ready to go!

As for wether I Could own one? Defiantly would be a perfect car to sit on my drive and be the run around town car for both me and the mrs!

Renault just need to sort out the Rs Monitor issue and get the Recaros back on the option list and id be very tempted those two thing are defiantly stopping me ordering just yet aswell as the lack of PCP deals! I was quoted a rough price of £2500 deposit then 47 monthly payments of £285ish just too rich for me especially when compared with the deals that helped sell a lot of 200's a few years ago!

very much Looking forward to Taking one round Oulton park a Wednesday now tho!

Edit : The Build quality on the Gearknob button is shocking btw like ridiculous!

Last edited:

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
My local dealer does Ford too so I'm going to try and test one of these and the ST back to back :) My Mrs fancies the 200T as it seems a bit more grown up than the ST and the fact it has 5 doors.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Never batted an eyelid! He took down us to a quiet road gave it a go himself, then swapped seats and said go for it lol!

​The dealer who let me out in the focus st was like that. Asked me how I drive, I said I like to make progress, then he booted it up to silly speeds then said "like that?" Lol

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
Lol, wish mine was like that!

​I don't think they are meant to be doing it on test drives though!

Looks like I lucked out dude!

Problem is renault are very proud about this launch control system so can't be moaning when people wanna test it out! :p

Saying that I think he understood I Knew a lot about the car so was happy to let me see what it can do, he did say they've had a lot of 17yr old lads trying to blagg a test drive since its been displayed out front, can't see them getting a cheeky go at launching it lol

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Was in at my local jokers (renault dealer) and they have a LY one.

It does look nice in the sun.

LiqudYellow001.gif

LiqudYellow002.gif

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I think it looks quite well in LY, probably because it has the same size and shape profile of a Megane side on!

Clio 200 / Elise S1
Not saying I'm definitely going to buy one, but I've been in my local dealer three times and left my number twice for them to call me. Still waiting for a call back. Shocking really. They had two out the back last time I was there.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
lol at letting you use launch control, what a guy! When I took my 182 for test drive, the salesman gave zero fcks. Was doing 3 figures in it no problem lol.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Live never been bale to tell the difference between Sts and zss lol. The only difference is a badge and exhaust haha

Aucky afaik

they used to be different before it got a facelift not long after the st came out. Now they pretty much look identical.

​Can tell the difference if its in blue or orange though

C63 PP,R1,,Clubman
Well just got off the phone to Westover Renault and my order from 8th april has now got estimated delivery of mid October changed from august then September ...... consider my order cancelled.

Well done Renault officially the shittest dealer ever.

GTD, Lupo
Well just got off the phone to Westover Renault and my order from 8th april has now got estimated delivery of mid October changed from august then September ...... consider my order cancelled.

Well done Renault officially the s**ttest dealer ever.

​Fiesta?