ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO IV RS - Trophy from page 111

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Re: CLIO IV RS for 2013, Last news

Poverty? Its AG on white speedlines! Look closer ;)

Lol, but still. The new one doesn't have the 'presence' of the rest of the RS clio range. They've literally changed the bumpers.

the 1*2s had wider wings, skirts, deeper/wider bumpers

the Mk3s had wider wings, skirts, deeper/wider bumpers and a whole wider rear end. Both had the track to suit.

this one, they just have it an angry mouth and made it look like a staffie going for someone (that last picture really reminded me of one lol)

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

... See lol

tumblr_mdtt18auOH1r8o4kko1_500.jpg

I'll be after a new car in the summer.

I will consider the new RS Clio, but I'm 99% sure I'll be going german again.

I don't really care how fast round a track it goes, I use it to go to Ikea and Sainsburys.

Re: Clio 4 RS revealed

Well done Renault. They have really f**ked this one up. The 200 wasnt great but Ive learned to accept that disgraceful front bumper. But this is a new monstrosity in its own right. The designer needs to be placed in a cauldron of water, with a well fueled fire beneath it, and boiled alive.
Give it a rest. Nobody's asking you to buy one!

Ben

ClioSport Club Member

I think the black one posted above looks pretty nice to be honest!

AB182, Audi A5 3.0

just watched this video, new clio seems to made from 99% plastic inside?!

Last edited by a moderator:

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

So long as it's full of the necessary RenaultSport DNA I think I'd be happy with that.

It is. Renault didn't just make the car and give it to Renaultsport and say "Make that excellent". They've been involved with it's development from the ground up. Fingers crossed it's fantastic - I'm sure it will be.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

Brian has seen one in the flesh at Paris motorshow, and his opinion is the interior is a much nicer place to be than the current Clio Renaultsport 200.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

just watched this video, new clio seems to made from 99% plastic inside?!

they arent that bad inside, went to the unveiling a few weeks back. they do seem a bit tacky in places with the high gloss finish inside and the coloured inserts

Last edited by a moderator:

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD

Hope they do some super duper tax free deal for me in Germany, can get a 200 Cup for £11k so fingers crossed.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD

renault-clio-4-rs-2013-production-01-1.jpg

Bernard Ollivier (left with long white coat) Alpine Caterham's new CEO was this Tuesday, December 4, 2012 in Dieppe working visit to the preparation of special needs and the future quality of Clio RS with the site manager, Roger Becket and the department head Eric manufacturing Sailly

Says it all about that rear end.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
CLIO IV RS for 2013, Last news

Is that flame red? Looks nice I think. Still think the huge Renault diamond on front is a put off. Like others have said. Until I've seen one in person I don't know.

LOL at people commenting on the interior plastics based on a video.

It's a Renault, not a Zonda. Were you expecting knurled titanium switchgear by any chance, but with a price tag of £12k? Thought so.

As for the car in general, I've gone right off it. Torso sized headlamps, and a diamond from the Renault trucks division, are not doing it for me.