ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO IV RS - Trophy from page 111

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Re: CLIO IV RS for 2013, Last news

Sounds odd if true, If the Clio is now big enough to compare to the Focus, its lso got to deal with Astra, Golf, etc, which it wont win against! And where would that leave the Megane?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

Where are the official dimensions then?

Not seen any to confirm this

dk

911 GTS Cab

hi guys

Quicly because I prepare the World Series Renault 2012 in Le Castellet where I shall go tomorow ;-)

after watching this it has some very nice features, as mentioned, reversing camera, the LED strips in the light housing, i have those on mine and they look seriously cool. The R.S. badge is the same as on the megane, but on the megane its placed in the grill rather than under the badge, no biggy, i think in the flesh this thing will look very cool, its like a mini megane and much more grown up.

And as for the auto box, don't knock it until you've tried it, i never thought i would own one but after having owned mine now for a month i can't see me every wanting to go back to a manual, its so much nicer to drive on the commute and the motorway, traffic in the mornings and especially traffic on hills is so much better than all that clutch work, and I've never felt the need to use the paddles, foot to the floor, kick down, thats all you need.

The car will feel more solid and grown up, which will probably annoy the old 172 cup people who like to drive around in a rattling tin can, but the car is growing up just like the megane did, the megane changed a lot from the R26 to the megane 250, and this is the clios turn to make that jump, and i can say from doing the megane jump, its definitely the right move for renault.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Clio tce

Growing up, getting fat, slow, boring.... The clio is ment to appeal to the driver, who likes real feel, connected nippy kart like car.... Grow up..... And make a proper Clio.... This is a family car and a load of excuses imo, shame really....

And in not a 172 owner... Peugeot didn't make the 106/saxo grow up... Renault didn't allow the 5 to grow up... Europe saving money :eek:

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD

And as for the auto box, don't knock it until you've tried it, i never thought i would own one but after having owned mine now for a month i can't see me every wanting to go back to a manual, its so much nicer to drive on the commute and the motorway, traffic in the mornings and especially traffic on hills is so much better than all that clutch work, and I've never felt the need to use the paddles, foot to the floor, kick down, thats all you need.

Thing is you're using the box out of a luxury german sports car, that they've had plenty of time and experiance to develop. This is going to be a first attempt, cheap box, in a car that's known for having crap gearbox's

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S

Didn't think this was the first outing for the gearbox, tried and tested Nissan unit isn't it?

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3

No driver involvement with paddles.

I'm off to burn down the local Ferrari dealer for it's hate of driver's cars...

Oh wait a minute...

Ah, a condescending remark! Read what I said again Kev instead of mis-quoting, I'll even re-quote it:

It's the paddles that would genuinely put me off buying one. Deadly serious. Looks I can deal with, if the car is involving to drive. Not saying that the 200T won't be of course, but as someone that enjoys driving for the sake of driving, I don't want a DSG style box to rev match for me - I'll do that myself thanks.

I don't care whether Ferrari's have paddles (for the record I've driven a 355 (manual) and 360 (paddles) back to back...guess which one I prefered , despite it being slower;)), to me a manual box and clutch are an essential part of the driving experience for someone that appreciates driving beyond just being able to go fast. I'm not claiming to be the worlds best driver (my driving history from the past few months proves this, lol), but IMO (remember, opinions generally can't be wrong, despite cliosport thinking otherwise), paddles take away a certain amount of driver involvement.

Personal preference at the end of the day. It will be a good car, but it's not for me.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
CLIO IV RS for 2013, Last news

Nissan is cvt. I doubt it'll be a Nissan box even though it has the Juke engine.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

It wasn't aimed at you Luke mate. It was at the hundred comments on how crap the dsg will be even though they haven't used it.

I understand driver involvement. I'd want a manual supercar also but you're not telling me Ferrari, Lambo, Macca etc aren't focused on making drivers cars.

Things change, mostly for the better. Personally I don't really have an opinion on the box etc but Clio boxes ime are crap in comparison to competitors so maybe dsg ain't a bad thing.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

the only major gripe i have with this looks wise is the standard wings... it really just seems like a cheap cop out to me :dapprove:

cant wait to see it in the flesh and see how it drives though

I have to say it again - that R.S. badge under the diamond really really really really really does look like a bad taste modification. Bad decision renault. Really bad. It's the first thing I would remove from the car.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

Agree on the badge underneath the diamond, it never really bothered me but it is slowly starting to piss me off.

120d M Sport

Ah, a condescending remark! Read what I said again Kev instead of mis-quoting, I'll even re-quote it:

I don't care whether Ferrari's have paddles (for the record I've driven a 355 (manual) and 360 (paddles) back to back...guess which one I prefered , despite it being slower;)), to me a manual box and clutch are an essential part of the driving experience for someone that appreciates driving beyond just being able to go fast. I'm not claiming to be the worlds best driver (my driving history from the past few months proves this, lol), but IMO (remember, opinions generally can't be wrong, despite cliosport thinking otherwise), paddles take away a certain amount of driver involvement.

Personal preference at the end of the day. It will be a good car, but it's not for me.

I feel the same way Luke.

Im not sure how the arguments about being made to be safer and more technologically advanced to appeal to 'wider markets' is meant to be any sort of consolation (true though it may be) to people who like the simple aspects of driving.

Personally I'm not massively fussed by gadgets and fancy DRL's but prefer a more basic car that is driver focused. The outgoing 200 still represents that to me, compared to many modern cars it's still a fairly humble car in terms of technology and spec.

At least when everyone was slagging the 200s looks off 3 years ago we knew fundamentally it wasn't too different to what we know and that only looks were the overriding issue (which usually grow on people in time)

If it were me I'd be hoping the 208 gti is much cop or looking at the new Fiesta ST.

MCS R56

Looks gash but good that it's a turbo this time. Maybe it will look better in the flesh.

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy

I only have a couple of issues with it.

1. RS badge looks gash (easily rectified)
2. Recaro's not available as an option

I will be waiting for the 215 turbo in 18 months.
Also have the option of Focus / Fiesta ST as a company car so depending on tax I might go down that road.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

Where have they released the option list? via twitter Renault told me specification and options are being released next year.

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy

Where have they released the option list? via twitter Renault told me specification and options are being released next year.

This was tweeted by @Renault_live

@Renault_Live: A: The Recaro-style bucket seats will not be available for launch but later on #ParisMotorShow #MondialAuto #ClioRS

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

Ah ok, that reads differently to your post as it says not on release but they will be later on.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member

Ultimately, I'm still on the fence with this.

There are positives and negatives which have been echoed many times in this thread.

However, I am concerned about the RenaultSport business plan. With pressure on sales figures are they just trying to compete with the likes of Seat Leon, or do they see this as either a natural or necessary progression of the R.S. ethos?

I like it. I think it is fresh looking. It is certainly a bit different looking. Would have liked to seen a set brembos behind the wheel. The DSG doesn't bother me. I currently am driving DSG and it is fine. However, I would have thought it manual should have been offered as an option. I like that it is turbo...remap, induction kit and full turbo-back exhaust system will see significant gains. The only thing I really dislike is the fact that the stereo can be used to filter engine sound effects into the cabin! Seriously??? Some dark headlights would look good. Am looking forward to seeing this car for real and taking it for a test drive.

Cup pic looks good to me. Looks not outrageously dissimilar to 197 / 200 to me. Like!

182cup & 172 racecar

hi guys

Quicly because I prepare the World Series Renault 2012 in Le Castellet where I shall go tomorow ;-)

Just watched this, at the moment it doesn't float my boat, but time will tell.

Last edited by a moderator: