ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO IV RS - Trophy from page 111

CLIO 2 RS trackcar
Re: CLIO IV RS for 2013, Last news

And I absolutley love too the persistence of somebody about their total rejection of the Clio 4RS just because it is a RS and not their brand especially if it is a German brand ^^

For information I try just to be objective and about this Clio 4RS for example to the opposite that somebody knows here, I don't think it will be my next "passion car" after my current "great little" Clio 2 RS1
So... ^^
My next will be more probably always a RS but more a Megane 3RS 265hp or why not the intended Megane 4RS 280-300hp ^^

After about my username here I know that in English "kumkum" look like at your "slang" "cum***" ^^ but I'm not an English and "Kumkum" dont come from the English language but it is just one my nickname in my youth and come from this Japanese cartoon of the 80's in fact ^^ lol

Last edited by a moderator:
  CLIO 2 RS trackcar

To return ot the real subject here thus about the Clio 4RS, for your choice : IMAGINE !

jaune-sirius-37ec616.jpg

jaune-trophy-37ec62d.jpg

gordini-37ec639.jpg

CLIO 2 RS trackcar

yes in photos I can understant that this gash sidestrip on the doors can seem strange and not nice for somebody but "wait and see" that on the real Clio 4RS to have a concrete opinion

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member

Looks like its been dropped on a speed ump my mate said!

Hes right. Not impressed at all tbh prefer the new Kia!

And yes I drive a German car but my opinion is still valid!

Looks pap!

CLIO 2 RS trackcar

Looks like its been dropped on a speed ump my mate said!

Hes right. Not impressed at all tbh prefer the new Kia!

And yes I drive a German car but my opinion is still valid!

Looks pap!

you have a German car and you prefer the new Kia vs a Clio RS (because as I said you can say everythings you want, the Clio 4RS is ahead all a RS car) ????!!
And again a proof that I said before ^^ lol

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Why can't people that drive another marque have a negative opinion on it?

FYI, I drive a Renault and think it 'looks' pretty pap in the photos, and don't like the idea of a flappy-paddle gearbox.

The Proc'eed does look better.

You can't because he's a rabid fanboy and will dismiss (often incomprehensibly) anything he decides is remotely negative.

If we're playing top trumps I've owned 3 fast Renaults spanning a period of 11/12 years. I wonder how valid that makes my opinion on the matter or if it gets me extra points in the pissing contest.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep

I've owned seven fast renaults in the last ten years.

Tbh it's been the same with nearly every facelift of the Clio I've known! Williams boys didn't like the ph1 172, ph1 boys didn't like the ph2 172, they didn't like the 182, nobody liked the 197 and it goes on and on.

When people see more pictures / the car in the flesh, I'm sure it will start growing on them.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member

Looks much better in black due to the black bits on the side being too big on the white, but the white front bumper looks better.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member

you have a German car and you prefer the new Kia vs a Clio RS (because as I said you can say everythings you want, the Clio 4RS is ahead all a RS car) ????!!
And again a proof that I said before ^^ lol

I also have a Renault, does my opinion become valid now?

Would be nice if you pulled your head from up renaults behind and gave an unbiased opinion on the new car without spouting keywords like alpine and sport etc. yes we know where renaults roots lie and it makes no difference as to wether this car will be good or not.

Ok you may be able to go around a track fast but you look like a dick driving a corsa/Leon/megane/Clio/magnum around on the road.

And this is in my opinion, you won't change it with your blind allegiance to Renault and your completely naiive view on how the English see the French.

(I'm welsh btw and I don't like the French so your right there ;))

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S

The bump strip / side skirt has been done like that to make the car look shorter than it actually is. A design technic that BMW has used with the one series.

I'm not a fan of the front or the door mounted wing mirrors. Although I can see some aspects being a grower, I don't think it will be as successful a seller.

Will the next gen megane be 3 door do we know?

aucky

ClioSport Club Member

I like it apart from that gash sidestrip on the doors.

'Gash' is an appropriate word if you read the ethos behind the DeZir concept they've allegedly drawn inspiration from.

Last edited:

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member

The bump strip / side skirt has been done like that to make the car look shorter than it actually is. A design technic that BMW has used with the one series.

I'm not a fan of the front or the door mounted wing mirrors. Although I can see some aspects being a grower, I don't think it will be as successful a seller.

Will the next gen megane be 3 door do we know?

But BMW have done it the other way on the 1 series with it being a bowl rather than an arch (if you get me) and that looks good (oh no I like a German car!) that just looks silly, I've noticed it on other cars too

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S

Correcto but its the same principle. and I think the first ones series are gash!, new shape is muchos better imo.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member

Hate the front end of them! Look like they've been punched in the face

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy

The more I look at the 4RS the more it's growing on me....but not as much as that Kia lol. The Kia may look good, but will it actually be any good. I really hope so

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

It wont handle like a Renault sport, i'd put good money on that

260% JCW

Even in different colours it looks horrid, I wonder if a brown paper bag will be on the options list?

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy

Speaking of which, does anyone know if the new Clio shares it's platform with anyone?
Seems to be the way nowadays.

"Underneath the new Clio shares its platform with the outgoing model, however Renault has said that the new Clio will have a wider track and be lower than the previous gen car so that means it should be great to drive for those of us that enjoy driving anyway."

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300

Pictures must be deceiving then as track looks pretty narrow.. Where 200 looks more squat and planted

CLIO 2 RS trackcar

Waiting soon the real Clio 4RS , this week-end (saturday) I take photos of the Gran'Ma of all the Gran'Mas of the Renault racing cars and of all our Clio & Megane RS ^^

Ladies & Gentlemen applause the RENAULT TORPEDO SPORT, 1924 & already yellow ^^

ahahahah :drunk:

DSC00042.jpg

DSC00043.jpg

DSC00044.jpg

DSC00045.jpg

have to see it on the road i guess as its looking like a leon in the most recent shots and the five door idea is just suicide to me...

then again, what do i know. renault had far too many models on sale so cut most of them out, suppose this falls in line with that attitude.

CLIO 2 RS trackcar

As a true fan of cars I respect and I like very much the old cars as the Torpedo Sport of Renault which is a famous classic car today more than 90 years after its birth (will it be the case for the Clio 4RS or the others current commercial racing cars in 1 century? I don't think ^^)

Without these old real "GTi" of the 1920's and 1930's there would be today no racing cars whom we drive :slap:
For information The Torpedo Sport was a middle class racing car, RWD, engine 4 cyl 2.1L 40cv and max speed about 80kmh, so yes a true GTI in the 1920's ^^ :drunk:

Last edited:
  Clio 182

front end is just sh*t i love the back tho!! sides are okish and it looks nice in yellow