ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO IV RS - Trophy from page 111

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Re: CLIO IV RS for 2013, Last news - NEW DETAILS #1779

Can't wait!

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio

Handling wise it sounds like it will be fantastic, I am not keen on paddles but its not as if using the 172 - 200 gearboxes is a particularly pleasurable experience.

I must admit I would probably miss being able to heel and toe but if it handles as good as it should, who cares!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD

My biggest issue with the 1*2s was the gearbox.

Suzuki Jimny

Sealed for life gearbox?

That's going to end well.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member

Just means there's no need for oil changes Matt.

therel be a drain and fill point though no doubt. Iirc the 1*2's are suposed to be sealed for life too

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member

Sealed for life gearbox?

That's going to end well.

Hope Renault aren't going to put up so much of a fight as they have done with certain issues on the 200 boxes

Does this mean any issues gearbox wise on the 200T however small could lead to requiring a new Gbox?

Suzuki Jimny

I personally don't believe in any of the 'sealed for life' non-sense. It's oil, it will get contaminated etc.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD

Don't see the advantages of it being sealed, a oil change is not exactly hard or expensive.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member

I personally don't believe in any of the 'sealed for life' non-sense. It's oil, it will get contaminated etc.

Exactly that! But its the same reason new Marc's don't have a sump plug and dipstick. It's so if anything goes wrong you have to take it to them to sort

clio diesel

Seal for life means sealed for the life of the warranty, in reality. Renault have no real interest what happens to the car when the warranty period has expired and the car is on the second or third owner.

In my experience they have no real interest in the first owner either lol.

clio diesel

Of course they do, until you've handed them the money.

I think you will find the vast majority sign a credit agreement. People with 20k spare tend not to brand new clios. Thats why they have 20k spare.

ff cup ur 200

:lolup:3 drs and 6 gears what a good idea...

clio diesel

The ST looks as bad as the clio. The manual gearbox is a bonus though. What they should have done is shoe horned the ST 2.5 litre engine in and detuned it slightly.

These hot hatch cars should be about a huge engine in a small car. Like the original 2 litre renault clio that must remain nameless in this forum.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD

The ST looks as bad as the clio. The manual gearbox is a bonus though. What they should have done is shoe horned the ST 2.5 litre engine in and detuned it slightly.

These hot hatch cars should be about a huge engine in a small car. Like the original 2 litre renault clio that must remain nameless in this forum.

What, it's got 30 more bhp than the older ST and its lighter (probably)

clio diesel

That old 2.5 wouldn't ever have met EU emmision regulations.

EU emissions regulations are for the little people only. I don't see Lamborghini, Ferrari or Aston Martin bothering with small 1.6 litre turbo charged engines.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
CLIO IV RS for 2013, Last news - NEW DETAILS #1779

I don't think the engine is even available to them now, with Volvo being under Chinese (?) control. Not that it was ever going to happen even if they could get their hands on it.

EU emissions regulations are for the little people only. I don't see Lamborghini, Ferrari or Aston Martin bothering with small 1.6 litre turbo charged engines.

They are relatively low output companies though.

Im sure it doesn't affect them like the giants, eg Ford/Renault etc

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
CLIO IV RS for 2013, Last news - NEW DETAILS #1779

Parked next to a Clio 4 today, picture doesn't really show it well but there is quite a size difference.

huvu6uby.jpg

As much as I don't like the new clio shape it really shows how dated the PH2 looks against modern cars.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD

Think it looks great, but those wheels! Seriously.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member

Lambo are part of VAG, Ferrari - fiat and Aston Martin ford iirc?

companies have been told to reduce co's over their whole range so whilst your v12 astons are spunking loads out your new 0.9l fiesta actually spouts flowers from its exhaust so it balances out

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR

Parked next to a Clio 4 today, picture doesn't really show it well but there is quite a size difference.

huvu6uby.jpg

As much as I don't like the new clio shape it really shows how dated the PH2 looks against modern cars.

Do you think so? I see it slightly with the lights and window lines... but to me, the slats around the number plate on the new one, and the wheels already look dated compared to the 172!

Lionel Richie

Lambo are part of VAG, Ferrari - fiat and Aston Martin ford iirc?

companies have been told to reduce co's over their whole range so whilst your v12 astons are spunking loads out your new 0.9l fiesta actually spouts flowers from its exhaust so it balances out

Aston has nowt to do with Ford, but you are correct, why does Aston do that s**t little toyota rebadged thing? CO2

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

Got followed a few miles down a B road by one of them today, bizarre looking little thing, the Aston grille looks so odd on a shoe.

i'm surprised at how comparable the two clios above look size wise. Considering the mk2 vs mk3 looks like this...

100_5817.jpg

Mini Cooper S sport

I really love it!

I think this is the most exciting Renaultsport Clio for years. If I wasn't considering moving house, I'd be after one of these for sure.

It looks bloody awesome.

Titanium 182

That old 2.5 wouldn't ever have met EU emmision regulations.
Yeah, even the new Focus ST has to have a 2 litre EcoBoost engine. There's no way it'd have gone into the new Fiesta.

Clio 200

Do you think so? I see it slightly with the lights and window lines... but to me, the slats around the number plate on the new one, and the wheels already look dated compared to the 172!
+1 Spot-on