ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Hunt

Hi all.

i joined a while back when I was looking for a 172. But circumstances changed and I had to give up on the dream. Just curious if anyone has spotted any Clio 172's in the lancashire (bb9) area for sale that are in half descent nick for a 2k budget? I've looked at A LOT of sheds! That sounded like they could explode at any second!
So I guess this post is for any info on any I've missed. I've trawled eBay and auto trader to no avail. So if anyone spots a good one please reply.

Don't limit your search to one area, be prepared to travel a bit.

Do your homework a bit more, there's no point just going to see any car that comes along.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
£2k should see you pick up something very good.

As said, travel for the best ones.

Get club membership and look in the classifieds, it's where the best bargains and best maintained cars are. Lots of people advertise there and nowhere else.

Cheers chaps. I don't intend limiting my search to be honest. Just been to look at a lot using the words "mint" and "all belts done" and when I've gone the belts were done 7 years ago and every panel is battered. Just seeing if anyone had spotted any. And yes I think I will join properly.

Ask them when they were done on the phone etc. Also ask about any dents & scratches. Get as much info on the phone before you go to view (but I know a lot of sellers will BS you) but if they sound like they know what they're on about they probably have a car worth buying.

Yeah can see it. Not really a fan of the colour to be honest. Nice car though. Cheers for the advice. And yeah I'm kind of getting a bs filter with every car I see at the moment after they've told me it's the best in the country!