ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio gettin on nerves

Hi everyone new to this kind of thing but problem that is gettin on my nerves.
Startin problem electrical problem petrol am match problem.
So I have a Clio parked up as been damp inside from leaky sunroof.
So one day the key wont unlock the car via button.the headlights dnt work the car dnt start.
Now put the key in the ignition turn on all dash lights light up bright no interior light fan works radio works.turn to engage the starter nothin at all.

Possibly knackers starter or battery so I remove the ignition wire off the starter connect a wire to the starter an touch the battery turns the engine over spot on.

Ah ah think ok ill put the ignition lights on an manually operate the starter so turn the key to dash lights come on fuel pump primes up go under bonnet touch the starter to battery to rotate the engine and by rites it should start nothin at all just turns over.

Go back inside car notice the interior clock goes out when turn to starter on key ah ah por battery all though turns over if i use wire to manually turn an will crank over healthy and strong.
Have a Corsa connnect jump leads to try the Clio key and nothin same start the Corsa up an boom the Clio turnin over on the key but will not start.

Turn the Corsa off an again it. Doesn't start up just turns over.

Try the battery off the Corsa on the Clio exact same turn to ignition starter clock goes dim nothin.

I did notice when it started there was a clickin from the passenger footwell soundin like a relay clickin.

Gone under dash thee a black control unit with three plugs two black and one white.

All of a sudden out of the blue the car starts up on its self no problems at all no jump leads but clickin like mad on this box.turn the car on off four times starts stop leave it hour not start go threw all same senarios.

Removed the black box notice pull the white plug out no headlights pull the black plug no indicators pull the squire black one no immobileser lights.

All of a sudden headlights workin all intererior lights work car dnt start again I've noticed the red flashin light immibiliser problem solid red key as been red and out when it starts this light again seems intermitent sometimes on sometimes off an if unplug the control box flashin.

Intermitent clickin from this control box no starter turnin over clock goin dull when turn starter even if take starter wire off so not stickin starter works everytime off battery.

Cleaned and checked all earths. Seem to be to from battery to gearbox a 13mm and a 17mm an one from battery to body put the battery off the Corsa on an still no change .

Its not earths its not battery its not starter.

Tried runnin jump lead off earth of battery to engine and tried runnin earth of battery to body still same all dash lights stay bright Sept the clock dims when turn to starter but everythin else bright as they should be.

Sorry bout spellin full stops commas an all that nonsence many need to read posts if ya struggle dnt read it move on if ya can make sence an have any ideas would realy appreciate your knowledge.

obcuz

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry I can't be much help to you, but sounds like hell with multiple problems going on there.

I think a clue is here
>>>So I have a Clio parked up as been damp inside from leaky sunroof.<<<<

The problem with damp inside, is it finds its way into connectors and oxidises the contacts, most circuits are low current and have trouble overcoming a micro layer of oxide.
There are plenty of connectors along the loom that can be affected, and looks like you have found a few already, just unplugging and refitting may give a temporary cure, but where to start....
I always use 'Servisol' contact cleaner when unplugging any plugs, relays etc. (I DON'T mean WD40 and similar stuff which is quite different)