ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio died :(

clio 1.2 2001 STD
went to pull of earlier and there was a wierd noise and now the car just sarts and revs. you can go through the gears without the clutch and it just wont move. when i put it in 5th a bring the clutch out it makes a slight whiring noise but still wont move. anyone have any ideas?

Arctic Blue FF 182
Someone will correct me, but I had this and it turned out to be the diff circlip I believe. It could however be a number of other things maybe

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
you've busted your box mate... could be the bolts that hold the diff in or something else.

Bring it in; I do full warranted rebuilds for £380 or if you cant get the box out email me via my website and i'll give you a price to remove, rebuild and replace it.

Mick

clio 1.2 2001 STD
i think my clutch needs doing aswell because the bite point is right at the top? and is really stiff. how much would it cost to have both done?

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
Go through the gears as if your driving it, if the speedo goes up but you don't go anywhere it's the circlip, if nothing has happens prob gearbox itself

sheared c/v joint? That would do what you describe. But this or diff failure is unlikely to have just happened without warning though. Any warning leading up to this?

clio 1.2 2001 STD
the gear box light came on the night before. but i stopped checked it over and turned her back on and all was fine. but about 4000 miles ago it started making a slight metal crunching whurling noise. sounded like i had flat cut gears.

2nd Black 1.2
cant do anything about the clutch bite being at the top, iirc its very common in clios and cause its a chained clutch instead of hydraulic
does sound as if your box is faruqued though :/

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
the gear box light came on the night before. but i stopped checked it over and turned her back on and all was fine. but about 4000 miles ago it started making a slight metal crunching whurling noise. sounded like i had flat cut gears.

So it's a auto?

03 clio sport asc
this happened to mine once, I was convinced it was the circlip (left hand side) . After removal turns out it was fine, checked the right hand side and the drive shaft had completely sheered off where it joins to the second drive shaft, new drive shaft and it was good to go.