ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio didn't want to start

Clio 182
hi all I have not owned my Clio long and today after driving home from work I went out about 30 minutes later and it wouldn't start just turned over done this about 5 times then it started no problem now I have turned it off and on 4/5 times and it's been fine any suggestions? And there is no dash lights or that on thanks

renault clio 1.4 16v
quite commonly a bad connection on the tdc sensor, give the plug on it a clean with some electrical spray

SQ5
It'll be a new battery needed. Common fault, even though it reads 12v when cranking it drops to low and the car won't start. I've had this happen on mine and two friends before and new battery solved it

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Mine did this after I loosened off the nut on the negative terminal leading to the earth moving around. Tightened it up, and no more worries.

Clio 182
Hi had the car looked at today before I had it at the garage I found the earth strap was rotten so the plan is to replace it with a new one at the start of next week the garage said crank sensor will be on its way out probably but it's been fine since that one incident yesterday so fingers crossed and thanks for all you help guys much appreciated