ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio DCi Fault lights

First one is the glow plug light is on and doesnt go off..car is harder to start. Shafted glow plugs?

Next one is wen ive the throttle fully open in higher gears for mayb 15/20secs the "STOP" light and the one with the pic of an engine with stop in the middle of it come on and both flash. Let off the power and after bout 5secs they both go off?

Only thing i could think of is fuel filter mayb is clogged up?!?

Any ideas/experience?

Cheers, Pete

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Possible EGR Valve mate had to say with out seeing the car though i would proberly get it checked out by a dealer

its just had a new EGR valve about 2 months ago so hopefully its not that.

Gonna take it into Charles Hursts through the week and get it thrown on the computer but got info from a fella sayin he was a Renault mechanic and it sounded like the fuel pump was on its way out...dear me!!

how krazy is this, i have the exact same problem!!!

cars abit harder to start, glow plug light is on, same issues with engine / stop light when the throttles fully open!

so it could be a fuel pump issue??

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Not really - the injectors have to programmed by a diagnostic tool / clip. Sometimes the injectors sieze in the head making them impossible to extract. The problem will more than likely be a leaky injector

Cleck the glow plug relays and plugs themselves

As for the stop light etc check the engine boost has the car been remapped.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
This happened once on mine when it was remapped. Was told it was the map sensor. Never persued it though, just had the map taken off and it never happened again.

Clio DCi 100
Yeah ive got same problem atm, there's a lad on here who fixed it by clearing the crap outta the fuel pump strainer under the rear seats.