ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio cv boot?

Flame Red Delight
Just have got a quote the other day there for £120 and was just wondering If that was a reasonable price or not ? Really need it done and I've put it off too long now so needs to be done now lol anybody had it done before?

Thanks again

Callum

E36 Coupe & Mk4 Golf
was this from renaults? i would think about £80-100 max! from a local garage

172 cup
if it was from renault they'd be charging you for a new driveshaft and fitment as they don't change the boots, so no it's an expensive way to do it.

find a back street garage and ask them for a boot kit and they'll do it for cheaper, if it's just the retaining clip gone then you could get away with regreasing and a large jubilee clip to hold it in place

182 (Conversion)
£120 for a shaft is cheap then. A 182 is £170+VAT (although apparently there are loads of different types for the 182 alone).

Suzuki Ignis
^Yeah but the £5 ones are shite and will either come off or split within a few weeks. Renault do them at about £15 IIRC, for a proper hard rubber one.

Suzuki Ignis
Just take the shaft out, take it, some table polish and the boot along to a local garage and ask them borrow a cone to fit it. Or for them to just push it on for you. It takes 30 seconds to actually push the boot onto the shaft. Then just fill it with grease and put the clips on.
Take home and refit.Done.

Sunflower Yellow Ph1 172
getting mine done tuesday along with a new trackrod end, tracking done all for £35 including the parts. Local garage.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
get a split boot, dont have to take the shaft out but there a bit fiddly, £10 max