ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio cup racer ecu replacement

Clio172cup rally car
Right I've managed to source a new unlocked version of the cup racer ecu. it's a mf3s version instead of the mf4m version that I current have, the only difference between the too I can find out from the data sheet is that mf4m has a anti lag feature which isn't on mf3s and isn't any use to. All the pins are exactly the same too so need to rewire.
The only problem I've have now is finding out where I can it mapped and also getting the ecu to talk to the dash through CAN?
Tbh I haven't a clue on how this works so any advice or help will be really allocated. Thanks :)

Clio172cup rally car
thanks for that, I've just called them now and they couldn't really help me at all tbh. they said they don't deal with the mapping side of it and so I'm still at little stuck here.
As far as I'm aware magneti use a software called vision which is used to map and calibrate there ecu's but I just haven't got clue where to start with it all. :(

thanks for that, I've just called them now and they couldn't really help me at all tbh. they said they don't deal with the mapping side of it and so I'm still at little stuck here.
As far as I'm aware magneti use a software called vision which is used to map and calibrate there ecu's but I just haven't got clue where to start with it all. :(

​any help ?

https://www.facebook.com/magnetimarellitools

the latest software

[URL="http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/car-dumps-database/34/magneti-marelli-vision-5-mapping-software-1997/"]http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/car-dumps-database/34/magneti-marelli-vision-5-mapping-software-1997/

[/URL]

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Andrew, did you have any joy with this mate? Where you sourcing the ecu from?

Clio172cup rally car
Andrew, did you have any joy with this mate? Where you sourcing the ecu from?

Tbh mate, I've not got any further with this, still can't find anyone to map it, I didn't commit to buying it until I could definitely get it mapped! I did mange to find 2 Ecu's tho for sale, one was from a saxo s1600 and another from a Ducati 998rs race bike. Both use a mf3s ecu which has the exactly the same pin output as the cup racer ecu

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
Just a stab in the dark but a couple of years ago i tried to go down the path of getting the Marelli ECU mapped and Matt at TDF was quite knowledgable on the subject. He might not be able to map it but might know someone who can?

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Guessing youre not fancying the gen90 route with a software licence? Seems pricey but would give you the option to swap out from the marelli dash at a later date.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Make your own patch loom and go with any ECU (best one local reputable mapper recommends). Im going DTA with LCD Xdash and patch loom for the same price as just the GEN 90 and patch loom...

j-k

lots
I have an MF4 ecu (identified by Matt at TDF)and marelli dash im not using, removed from my 1995 Megane cup car . When i bought the car, it was running a DTA ecu for the engine as it had been upgraded to ITB's. The original ECU was just running the dash via its can bus.

Not sure if its locked or unlocked

Is it anygood to you?

jon

Clio172cup rally car
I have an MF4 ecu (identified by Matt at TDF)and marelli dash im not using, removed from my 1995 Megane cup car . When i bought the car, it was running a DTA ecu for the engine as it had been upgraded to ITB's. The original ECU was just running the dash via its can bus.

Not sure if its locked or unlocked

Is it anygood to you?

jon

If you can find out if its locked or not? then I'd be seriously interested in this

j-k

lots
Andrew, sent you a PM...

some pics...

2c26ab20.jpg

cd373ca5.jpg

2449deaa.jpg

jon

R5 Alpine, Clio 16v
Sorry for uping this but did you have any luck here Andrew?
a friend of mine is building a Clio Kitcar at the moment and we need some info/parts that you might came across.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
I have the full Clio cup data loggers, cables and dash and aim readout for sale.