ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio creaks

BG 182
Ever since I stripped my 172 out I have noticed the rear of the shell creaks when I pull away or when I go over bumps in the road. It's getting rather annoying now was just wondering if anyone knows of I put a rear strut brace in if this would cure my problem ? Or if anyone's had a similar problem but solved it.

​Sounds like its coming from drivers side rear quarter

Cheers chris

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Sure it's the shell and not your seat rubbing on the bottom plastic? Mine did it for ages until I realised the seatbelt was caught in it

BG 182
Nahh I've got harnesses in and the aren't touching any plastics. Preety sure it's coming from the drivers rear quarters

thanks tho

clio 172 cup
a rear strut brace does nothing if you wanted something get whileline ARB and could be that your shocks are fucked or simply that its a clio
and as such rattles creaks ect and taking out all the interior has made the sound more auidable

O

Oakley12

Mine does this!

​Ive put it down to something to do with the rear coilies!

Clio 182
As soon as the weather goes above 9 degrees (rare these days apparently) mine does it too. Traced it down to the boot lid not quite sitting as it should, so it squeaks and creaks against the rubber seal constantly. It needs to sit in slightly tighter than I can currently get it, so a tiny piece of shim (current just soft material on mine for a quick bodge) on the lock loop completely stops it.

With the boot closed, give the handle a good push/pull front/back/side/side and you'll soon know if that's where the noise is coming from.