ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Campus won't start

Renault Clio
Hi, looking for some advice on what is wrong with my car. I'm a complete novice with this sort of thing. Left work on Friday night at about 7, no issues, parked up. The next morning when leaving for work at 8 it would not start at all. I've recorded what happens as it's easier than trying to explain

There haven't been any warnings that there were any issues on the horizon, I've had some people tell me it's the battery, some say it might be the alternator, some say its the immobiliser so I literally don't have a clue what to do.

I was wondering if anybody has had any similar issues on here, and if so what was the cause and how was it resolved? Haven't been able to go to a garage due to working all weekend and not having any open nearby, and thought it might be best to get some advice before getting it towed to a local place in case it's something which I might be able to resolve myself.

Thanks for any help in advance

monaco 172
I'm not expert but that looks like an earth fault to me.

Remove all earths, give the connections a good clean and reconnect.

Might be worth giving the battery a charge too as an earth fault may have caused the battery to not charge properly

You could swap another battery on (or maybe even just connect the wires as if you were going to jump start it) - low voltage can cause strange things to happen, and testing another battery should give a swift yes/no answer.