ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 4 RS VS Fiesta ST EcoBoost

TTRS, 172 Cup track
Times have changed I'm afraid. Ford now have really really good build quality. VW do not. Anyone, Ford haters or not can't deny the there engines are awesome. Very very strong and over engineered for the job.

VW don't have good build quality. Looooool.

lets see if the new focus ST and fiesta ST are indeed better. 230hp from a remap is not too shabby for a 1.6 I suppose.

Ph1 172 & Clio DCi
I don't remember Ford Having any issues with there Diesel engines and there heads going porous.

I though heads going porous was a thing of the 80's.

Ph1 172 & Clio DCi
I don't remember Ford Having any issues with there Diesel engines and there heads going porous.

I though heads going porous was a thing of the 80's.

The 2.0l turbo petrol engine in the A5 has major issues with the pistons cranking causing massive oil consumption.

I'm failing to see this amazing build quality. Even Renault don't have these issues.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Anyone who says VWs in general are reliable is having a bubble bath.

Yeah they have a selection of engines that are great then again they have some serious issues!

Local VW garage who we work closely with tell us stories now and again. Newer poli gti melting pistons and engines. They replaced 3 of them. My cousins 1.2 polo was horrendous.

Oh and don't get me started on how the newer golfs and passats have been shredding rear tyres.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Its because I'm doing a full race engine build with a big turbo kit, clutch, and fuelling system all need to be developed, and that takes a while.

What Hp are we talking? 500 ford Hp, or Audi (500hp) which is 73456Hp because its a better engine?

Ph1 172 & Clio DCi
Anyone who says VWs in general are reliable is having a bubble bath.

Yeah they have a selection of engines that are great then again they have some serious issues!

Local VW garage who we work closely with tell us stories now and again. Newer poli gti melting pistons and engines. They replaced 3 of them. My cousins 1.2 polo was horrendous.

Oh and don't get me started on how the newer golfs and passats have been shredding rear tyres.

I rather have a DC5 than anything VAG!

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Its because I'm doing a full race engine build with a big turbo kit, clutch, and fuelling system all need to be developed, and that takes a while.

So let me get this straight, people buying new cars are absolute retards because of depreciation? But yet, your doing all this modification on a car? Your doing something that sees absolute no increase in after sales??
What your going to loose on buying your performance parts is a lot more than depreciation on a car.
you seem to have gone full r****d, telling people about depreciation, yet spend a deep pocket on mods LOL.
​go have a reality check

TTRS, 172 Cup track
So let me get this straight, people buying new cars are absolute retards because of depreciation? But yet, your doing all this modification on a car? Your doing something that sees absolute no increase in after sales??
What your going to loose on buying your performance parts is a lot more than depreciation on a car.
you seem to have gone full r****d, telling people about depreciation, yet spend a deep pocket on mods LOL.
​go have a reality check

​The thing is, I'll never be selling the TTRS ;)

TTRS, 172 Cup track
Anyone who says VWs in general are reliable is having a bubble bath. Yeah they have a selection of engines that are great then again they have some serious issues! Local VW garage who we work closely with tell us stories now and again. Newer poli gti melting pistons and engines. They replaced 3 of them. My cousins 1.2 polo was horrendous. Oh and don't get me started on how the newer golfs and passats have been shredding rear tyres.

Lmao and the countless vauxhalls that blow engines, or the fords, or the Renault. Hell Renault can't even keep their trim from falling off, or sorting out the electrics.

as for shredded rear tyres that's a alignment issue, not reliability.

Funnily enough, VAG forums are NOT littered with reliability posts, seems to go against your claims.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
You wouldn't sell it for 10K down the line...it wouldn't be worth that, depreciation.

And your have spent more than that on the mods.

Audi R8 was £99,999 new, there was a 2 year old one right next to it for £43,999!? So Vag are just as bad as any other car for loosing money.

Ph1 172 & Clio DCi
You wouldn't sell it for 10K down the line...it wouldn't be worth that, depreciation.

Audi R8 was £99,999 new, there was a 2 year old one right next to it for £43,999!? So Vag are just as bad as any other car for loosing money.

To get to 700bhp I'm gunna guess at a 50-60k budget to do it properly.

TTRS, 172 Cup track

You can't buy a 2 year old r8 for 43k lol.

you can get a slow 2007 r8 v8 for just about 45k these days

LY 200
I had a browse over the ST at a dealer yesterday and it looks barely different to a ZS or metal so it's nothing to get exited about.

Having owned a current shape fiesta for all of three months from new there is no way I would be putting my money to it over the 200.

Yes the new RS is more refined and grown up but when have new RS's not evolved into something more mature than the past model.

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I had a browse over the ST at a dealer yesterday and it looks barely different to a ZS or metal so it's nothing to get exited about. Having owned a current shape fiesta for all of three months from new there is no way I would be putting my money to it over the 200. Yes the new RS is more refined and grown up but when have new RS's not evolved into something more mature than the past model.

I agree with this Suzanne and i looked at one today, 15k with employee discount £500 for black paint and a free style pack, which is red calipers, anthracite rims and st door seals, even the recaros dont look like proper recaros, plenty of buzzy toys on the dash she would never use, no folding mirrors but heated seats.:( Why cannot Ford make a proper rs version instead of a marketing tool which the st is, lets hope when we get to look at a new clio rs its better than that.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
What happens if you can't afford an RS Fiesta? Just buy a ZS? I don't think so.

The ST brand is a stunning seller.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
The old ST barely looks any different to the Zetec S model.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I can't believe you lot have spent your bank holiday afternoon arguing with some utter tool over a car 99% of you won't be buying. Pretty sad.

In other news, I saw one on the road today and it look much better in the flesh than photos, although I do think the styling is still a little conservative.

LY 200
What happens if you can't afford an RS Fiesta? Just buy a ZS? I don't think so.

The ST brand is a stunning seller.

Or wait and buy the new Clio RS instead?

Ahhh nice to see the Ford head has still not fallen off... lol

TTRS, 172 Cup track
You need to sell your TTRS and buy a charged s2000.

You'll go quicker while still retaining that homoesque look.

my car on stock turbo has more torque than a mahoosive turbo 700hp s2000 so I'll stick with what I know for now. Also my TTRS is good for over 200mph, the s2000 roof is liable to flying off over 170mph or something like that isn't it?

funnily enough my mate George, has a BT s2000 by TDI north, I'm led to believe its the most powerful in the UK? It's the orange one, anyway me and George will soon duel it out in sure.

Ph1 172 & Clio DCi
my car on stock turbo has more torque than a mahoosive turbo 700hp s2000 so I'll stick with what I know for now. Also my TTRS is good for over 200mph, the s2000 roof is liable to flying off over 170mph or something like that isn't it?

funnily enough my mate George, has a BT s2000 by TDI north, I'm led to believe its the most powerful in the UK? It's the orange one, anyway me and George will soon duel it out in sure.

Am I reading this correctly???? You've built a 700bhp engine what requires a special clutch from helix to hold down........ AND YOUR ON THE STOCK TURBO??????

Please tell me I've read something wrong here.