ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 3 - Parrot bluetooth not working

BMW 330ci, Clio 182
Hi

I've just tried installing the MKi9000 Bluetooth kit that was in my Clio 182 into my Brother's Clio 3.

The connections are all the same, and from what I can see there live feed etc works in the same way. It's all plugged in, however the Parrot unit doesn't seem to have any power, or at least I can't see the bluetooth from my phone, nor is the unit making any noise when it's turned on/off.

I've kept the mute/line in the same, yellow parrot cable to blue renault cable (I think it's that way around).

Any ideas what else I might need to try? I've done the resetting the bluetooth unit thing (holding down various buttons) to no avail.

Any other suggestions?

BMW 330ci, Clio 182
Yep, give me a couple of mins.

Just read somewhere else where it was suggested the mute cable shouldn't be connected to anything. Presumably that's not right, and it should be connected?

BMW 330ci, Clio 182
DSC_0073.JPG DSC_0074.JPG DSC_0072.JPG

Hope these help (microphone/aux cable have just been disconnected, but presumably don't make a difference).

BMW 330ci, Clio 182
Can you take a photo of the setup mate? (The wiring)

Just realised that his clio has the TomTom sat nav screen, which must be linked to the radio (as the radio stations show up on the screen).
I'm guessing this might be part of the reason I'm having problems if everything else is working ok.

Clio 182
Been a while since i was fitting these but iirc the clio 3 will need an ignition feed run to fuse box/ cig lighter as it is canbus, easiest way to check is multimeter on orange and red - red should be constant and orange should be switched,

On the note about the sat nav/muting, I vaguely rememeber speaking to renault about this when i fitted these for a well known car/bike retailer ;) - and they advised that there was no solution fitting an aftermarket handsfree kit in a sat nav equiped vehicle unless its in-built factory kit. That said you could try calling autoleads/connects 2 if the mute doesnt work right after u get it going, both tech depts are brilliant from my experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMW 330ci, Clio 182
Been a while since i was fitting these but iirc the clio 3 will need an ignition feed run to fuse box/ cig lighter as it is canbus, easiest way to check is multimeter on orange and red - red should be constant and orange should be switched,

On the note about the sat nav/muting, I vaguely rememeber speaking to renault about this when i fitted these for a well known car/bike retailer :wink: - and they advised that there was no solution fitting an aftermarket handsfree kit in a sat nav equiped vehicle unless its in-built factory kit. That said you could try calling autoleads/connects 2 if the mute doesnt work right after u get it going, both tech depts are brilliant from my experience

Thanks for this - I was guessing that might be the cause, although my multimeter packed up so I couldn't check.

Strangely most other guides/instructions seem to suggest it's a straightforward connect it up and go, unless those didn't have the tomtom.

Is it just the ignition feed that the parrot will need need, or permanent too? (Been a while since I've fitted a stereo, other than the parrot which was straightforward in my 182!). I'm going to have to talk someone through it, so need to make sure I'm not giving them dodgy information.

Cheers

Clio 182
Yeah just ignition feed, there will be a constant from the radio loom, if the constant is on orange then swap the inline fuses on the parrot loom (these just twist apart) then run a new feed to the fused side of the parrot loom - if this make sense,

I think the fuse box if behind/below glove box on clio mk3's (?), easiest way is to use a piggy back fuse, or depending how accessible the rear of the cig lighter is just tap off the ignition feed from there

BMW 330ci, Clio 182
Yeah just ignition feed, there will be a constant from the radio loom, if the constant is on orange then swap the inline fuses on the parrot loom (these just twist apart) then run a new feed to the fused side of the parrot loom - if this make sense,

I think the fuse box if behind/below glove box on clio mk3's (?), easiest way is to use a piggy back fuse, or depending how accessible the rear of the cig lighter is just tap off the ignition feed from there

We're going back a few months now, but I've not managed to get around to sorting this yet.

Can anyone else comment on whether they've needed an ignition feed (some threads I've seen suggest not), and also, would it be possible for an idiots guide to wiring from the fusebox to the parrott (ie where I should be connecting it).

Cheers

Clio 182
I know i commented before noting how i dont think its possible to mute the into sat nav model, however to spur off fuse your best with one of these from autoleads (pic below) - basically find a fuse that goes on/off with ignition (preferably 10a), then use the adaptor to dual the feed,

That will give you the power to parrot... Then its the muting that will be the issue...

c6343b509de111b62b8e0c40b3d78d86.jpg

Edit- fuse box is behind glove box iirc - very easy to access [emoji1303]

BMW 330ci, Clio 182
I know i commented before noting how i dont think its possible to mute the into sat nav model, however to spur off fuse your best with one of these from autoleads (pic below) - basically find a fuse that goes on/off with ignition (preferably 10a), then use the adaptor to dual the feed,

That will give you the power to parrot... Then its the muting that will be the issue...

Edit- fuse box is behind glove box iirc - very easy to access [emoji1303]

Great, thanks.

I'd forgotten about the mute issue!