ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 - xenon

Hi all,

I have lately been looking at Clio 200's at they look like a great fun little car, but was surprised to see that they do not come with xenon headlights, especially when the older Clio 182 had these.

Can someone confirm if I am right in thinking that they do not have xenon headlights and is there particular reason for this as it seems like a bit of a step backwards when the previous model had them?

Thanks

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Yep, no xenons from renault at least, can be added aftermarket though.

Apparently they went option only with the 197 and not many went for it so they got dropped. Shame because despite what some people think the xenons are a really good feature imo

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Reason for not having then is that take up across the range (ie not just the 197) was low for the mk3's. No point in developing the headlight units, self levellers, and washer jets for such a low take up.

Easily remedied though. Spec the cornering lights option and you get projector lenses. Then simply get some aftermarket xenon lights. Do not put xenons in non projector units though.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Yup, as Jenic says, Renault dropped the xenon's due to lack of demand

Black Gold Trophy
Definately a poor showing on Renault's behalf, not impressed!

As for people saying that they dropped them as they were not an popular option, well I would imagine that this would have been the same on the MK2 as well.

As for retrofitting them, I would have thought that you would need some type of self leveling device as well.

Corsa Van. Meh.
Definately a poor showing on Renault's behalf, not impressed!

As for people saying that they dropped them as they were not an popular option, well I would imagine that this would have been the same on the MK2 as well.

As for retrofitting them, I would have thought that you would need some type of self leveling device as well.

They came as standard on the mk2 182 and 172 (not trophy or cup).

Not many people specced them on the 197 so I assume Renault thought the same trend would follow with the 200 so never bothered designing them.

I am sure that that is the case but they should never have been an option on the 197 either as they should come standard on the car as it is the top of the range in the model.

260% JCW
Standard halogen lights look crap IMO, The xenons should have been an optional extra at least. You can spec Bi xenon on mini's now.