ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 200 wow

clio 182 sport
i havent been sure about the new 200 for a while nowbut. seen a silver one today in a asda carpark they just look awsesome also seen a new white one on the road they look luuuuvly in white. just wish i could afford one:(

Da

Less
I think they look amazing in the flesh, was never 100% on them until I had a nosey round one at the dealers :)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Pictures do them no justice, theres an Albi one near me and it looks fantastic in the flesh.

GTD, Lupo
Pics dont do them any justice. I parked mine up last weekend and it looked ace. Get a lot of comments (good ones) and attention. Just a shame most are from yobs!!

Gorms

182 Trophy
so tempted to order one at the end of the year, anyone got an idea of when theyre going to bring the new clio out? hopefully not too soon then i can leave it untill early next year untill i get one.
Cant afford it but meh.

GTD, Lupo
I was told 2012, it will be totally different and not just a facelift. Kinda why i ordered mine when i did.

Gorms

Mini Cooper S sport
Only ones I even remotely like are the all black ones, and I still dont like that front end.

This!! ZOMG, love it when someone thinks the same as me. The all-black hides the nose and they look mean as fcuk. Will never like that front end.

I do think alien green is an awesome colour though.

Mini Cooper S sport
No Friends Green is the worst colour of them all imo

Shhh what do you know? ;)

It's awesome in the sun. It just doesn't go with the 200's nose. But then nothing does except black, kind of.

Renault will obviously revamp the Clio at some point and maybe we'll look back on the 200 as a bit of a dodgy one design-wise, like the Mk 2 Phase 1.

The Mk 1 was ace, Mk 2 Ph 2 was ace, the 197/R27 was ace - they've just made a few f**k ups on the looks in between IMO.

Hopefully the next one will tick all the boxes.

Last edited:
  GTD, Lupo
Hopefully the next one will tick all the boxes.

Its been posted before but the picture below is the main reason i got my 200. I know the original pics are nothing like the finished article but i will have my name down for one if it looks like this:

renault-clio-sport-2011.jpg

Paul

Clio 200 Black and White
I have a Clio 200 in Pearl White with a black roof and black speedlines.

Wherever I park up I always get people coming over to say how awesome it looks, even in Switzerland where people aren't exactly known for their gregarious nature.

It really is a great looking car in the flesh, so stocky and well proportioned and with detailing way beyond its 15 grand price tag.

I was told 2012, it will be totally different and not just a facelift. Kinda why i ordered mine when i did.

Gorms
That is one of the reasons I didn't change my 197 for the 200. By 2012 I will be ready to change car again and may well have a look at the RS Clio again then!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Thats my plan. Sorting new house etc, pootle round in the Cup for a few years, then look at a new Mk4 Clio

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Red is probably the best colour, but no one argue it's not ugly. A car can be ugly but still attractive. You may find it attractive. But it's still ugly.

DB.

BMW 440i
Those suggestion pics for the future look horrible. 200 beats them hands down! Its not an ugly car if you ask me!

Mini Cooper S
Do not like the pic's of the suggested new shape looks awful i like all clio shapes from mk1 up to the 200 lol!!

Nashy

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
Brown Bear seems to have a grudge against the 200, he reads every 200 thread and posts the same comments. Must be some sort of inferiority complex :D :rasp:

PS 200
Brown Bear seems to have a grudge against the 200, he reads every 200 thread and posts the same comments. Must be some sort of inferiority complex :D :rasp:
His post above suggests he's been sniffing something :eek:.

To be fair, the 200 looks have been discussed to death...you either like or hate it...marmite...but, can't take away from the fact that it seems to be a great package for a hot hatch car for the money.

Having said that, I still wouldn't buy one because I am one of the 'looks' dislikers...no point buying something if everytime you look at it, you can't help but think you got the ugly sister lol.

Hope the new 2012 clio really has that instant wow factor...hopefully bit more economical as well...may well be tempted again!

GTD, Lupo
To be fair, the 200 looks have been discussed to death...you either like or hate it...marmite...but, can't take away from the fact that it seems to be a great package for a hot hatch car for the money.

Having said that, I still wouldn't buy one because I am one of the 'looks' dislikers...no point buying something if everytime you look at it, you can't help but think you got the ugly sister lol.

Hope the new 2012 clio really has that instant wow factor...hopefully bit more economical as well...may well be tempted again!

Car : Ibiza Bocanegra :dead:

Nuff said!

Paul

182 Trophy
All renaultsport cars have mixed oppinions when they come out, both rs meganes did yet we all love the 230 shape and people are coming round to like the 250's, i can remember on here when 197sgot slated to hell but now most love them.... theyre growers as renault are clever with their designing imo, they design them for the future.

All renaultsport cars have mixed oppinions when they come out, both rs meganes did yet we all love the 230 shape and people are coming round to like the 250's, i can remember on here when 197sgot slated to hell but now most love them.... theyre growers as renault are clever with their designing imo, they design them for the future.
definately fair enough. i wasn't too fussed on the 197 when it came out...and ended up buying an R27 which I loved as much as my 182. Even after all this time, the 200 hasn't grown on me at all. I do know and apprciate the fact that it is a fantastic car for what it is though.

Last edited:
  GTD, Lupo
Lol...fair enough! Beauty in eye of beholder.
http://www.carztune.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/seat-ibiza-bocanegra_2.jpg can't see that this is an ugly car though!

I had a feeling you would show that picture as i had a look on google image. Shame its not a true representation of the real car :( as would look a little nicer if it looked like that. Heard the cupra/bocanegra is suffering from the same kinda hate in the looks department as the 200 is here on scn.

Gorms

^^^ all kidding aside...that image you posted isn't accurate. the alloys are the wrong colour...and the head lights don't look correct. i know my alloys are titanium in colour and head light surrounds are black.

this might be a better pic:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/75/Seat_Ibiza_Bocanegra_Front.jpg

take your point though that maybe the stance isn't quite right...it could be lowered a bit.

was laughing today. was over at b&q picking up some wood chip for the garden and left it in the boot of the car. I picked a couple of mates up...one of whom is basically BFB (Big Fat B*stard). He was sitting in the back of the car...along with the large, heavy bag of wood chip. Managed to lower the back of the car by several inches and thought it look quite good.

Last edited: