ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 Sticky Start

Clio 200 RS + SRB
Ive started to experience something unusual.

When im driving in 1st or 2nd gear sometime the car tend to chug a little. Even tho ive brought my foot completely off the clutch and am just speeding up a little.

Has anyone else experienced this? is it normal?

Cheers

Mike

Barge
Happened on the 197 too - kangeroo style, it tended to be when cold, but even throughout driving it sometimes happened. Renault did an ECU remap to try and get rid of it, but it occasionally still happened. Might be the same thing?

Barge
^ doesn't always disappear after a minute, it'll get better after a minute. It shouldn't do it at all after it's fully warmed up - say 10 minutes it'll be fully warm. But with the 197s the upgrade on the ECU helped.

Clio 1970000000
Ok, I didn't know how badly it affected different cars. My 197 (hasn't had ecu upgrade) only kangeroos for the first minute (1/2 mile). I thought they had sorted that on the 200?

Barge
Well it'll happen on all sports till it's warm... It's the nature of the car - or so Renault told me. If it's happening when it's been on a while it could be a fault. If it's a well reported problem then they'll probably do the same with an ECU upgrade.

Clio 1970000000
It's character building :S at least that's what Renault told me about my door rattles.

Clio 200 RS + SRB
Cool, it does only seem to be when its warming up. But hey if its a character flaw then its one that i can live with cos so far i still love the car. Its a great little runner.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Cool, it does only seem to be when its warming up. But hey if its a character flaw then its one that i can live with cos so far i still love the car. Its a great little runner.

Yeh mine is only when it's warm I just plant throttle and it cures it lol

You guys want a perfect car? Borrriinnngggg

Seriously though, try using V Power or something if its really bothering you, makes mine go a bit.

Black 'Cup Packed' 197
yeah as needster said its a common fault on 197's mines going in soon to get an ECU remap. hopefully they'll do the same for 200's. Its not a full fix for 197s from what iv heard but does improve. HTH :)

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Not only a problem with the RS Clios, our RS Twingo has the same "Kangarooing" when cold problem.

Cupped 200
had it the first time today, and that only for a second... never had before and im running often under -10°C here... was bit irritated but swept it aside as a one timer... till i saw this :p But well... once every few thousand miles doesnt bother me.

PS 200
Had it once here too.

From memory it was from cold - reasonable hard acceleration - kangaroo when lifting off slightly.

Hey ho - I guess a kangaroo is better than a hippo :)