ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 EDC, are they really that bad?

E30kev

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi S3 8V
The clio 200 edc is not a track. Trying to form an opinion based on a drive at the ultra smooth, Highley predictable race track is a big mistake. The public roads is whole different ball game especially on unpredictable bumpy b roads on a very narrow road with absolutely no room for mistakes. Can not compare to a golf Gti. That ridiculous. Who cares If dsg is better. It absolutely is not, has different character maybe, less raw and smoother. Its more expensive package. The polo gti is s**t. I test drove one before the clio. There was no magic. What's great about the clio is the gear change process is really involved. The audilbaul exhaust note blow when changes at normal driving speed is great.(standard exhaust)I love it. I know when the gears changed. Not by looking at the dash. The dsg has no driver involvement. The chest nasty plastic switches on steering for manual change feel awful. The clunk of those Nissan GTR paddles is so satisfying. But o no the means and groans of having to lift one's hand from the steering wheel to change gear with fixed steering wheel paddles. Not like the German cars who got ot so right.... bo how bo hoo.
How absolutely pathetic the UK approach to this clio 200 or 220.
Unbelievable ego based negatively. Or pure French xenophobia. Maybe.
It the best Clio Renaultsport ever made. One of the best hot hatches ever made. End of.
3B3BACAC-FA93-4634-AA44-7B8BDA521C52.jpeg

200.gif