ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 197 on DW. Check these reflections! Awesome...

Clio200 EDC Lux
wtf bigs ball for going at it with wet and dry! looks like a foooking mirror now! I'd be s**t scared about sanding down to the metal!

Audi A3
why would a car develop orange peel over a short space of time? i cant see his car being more than a few years old.

Mother of god! That is impressive! Fair play to him, after that open day at shinearama I would love to do it, but I would see metal within seconds!

why would a car develop orange peel over a short space of time? i cant see his car being more than a few years old.

As above, cars come with it from factory most of the time. Just a poor paint process. See Russ' thread on his visit to KDS. There is a lot of skill in wet sanding - certainly not for the faint-hearted!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looks pretty good. I'd be slightly worried with the lack of masking and where exactly he has rubbed to, edges etc...

His car though up to him what he does. Great process to go through. I'm more into using the machine even though by hand is very rewarding, easy to inflict deeper damage if not careful though, same could be said for machine I suppose.

I do like wet sanding. The front end of mine looked immense after we did it.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I've never ever done the write up since last July! Done just before CSS!

The front end had been painted before for stone chips and there was a little orange peel. The doors and 1/4s are mostly OP free original paint so doesn't look out place.

Also the front wings don't sit very flat next to the door they kick out so much you'd never notice anyway. :)

Seat Ibiza
As above, cars come with it from factory most of the time. Just a poor paint process. See Russ' thread on his visit to KDS. There is a lot of skill in wet sanding - certainly not for the faint-hearted!

I've been reading alot on DW about wet sanding, one day I will be able to do it! Like you say, not for the faint hearted!

I showed my Missus and she didn't believe it, thought it was fake lol!

I'd be scared to take that car out after all that time and work!

Don't see what all the fuss is about tbh with this thread. Seen far better threads on wet sanding.
Suppose the reflections are quite impressive but not exactly the best photos!
Surely you'd remove the bump strips to do the door?!

Looks good don't think I would ever give this a try.

One little mistake could hurt your wallet big time.

Don't see what all the fuss is about tbh with this thread. Seen far better threads on wet sanding.

Because it's a Clio on a Clio forum. So Clio owners are now thinking that they could get their Clio to the same standard as the Clio in the thread.

Clio.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Excellent work, 5 hours just to do the door though..ouch

Less once you actually get used to doing it.

I'm kinda of the same opinion. Not taking anything away but it's a pants thread although the results are looking good, the thread itself is a little pants.

Seat Ibiza
How is it pants? Alright it's pants compared to the gaw dam thread but I just couldn't believe the reflections and I thought some of the people here might not be on DW!